What's new

Info on my 1st (G-10)?

pghDFXer

Full Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Messages
171
Reaction score
486
Golden Thread
0
Location
PGH
Detector(s) used
Dfx 300 w/5.3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this Beauty and everything else i find in streams tooth included, image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
Really nice artifact.Congrats
 
It is certainly a nice point and a great find, but not a G10, G10 Indian artifacts are rarer than hens teeth.
 
Thanks yeah idk, hence the ❓
 
That's a very cool point!:icon_thumleft: Yeah, I don't understand what makes an artifact a "G-10" or otherwise, the scoring system for that stuff is really, beyond me. I score them by my own scale: 1-killer, 2-Smoker, 3-incredible, 4-awesome, 5-almost perfect, 6-dang it's broken, 7-total heartbreaker, 8-what'a bummer,9-why couldn't this one be whole?, and 10-why did I even get out of bed for this?
 
That's a very cool point!:icon_thumleft: Yeah, I don't understand what makes an artifact a "G-10" or otherwise, the scoring system for that stuff is really, beyond me. I score them by my own scale: 1-killer, 2-Smoker, 3-incredible, 4-awesome, 5-almost perfect, 6-dang it's broken, 7-total heartbreaker, 8-what'a bummer,9-why couldn't this one be whole?, and 10-why did I even get out of bed for this?
Ha yeah so many nuances like coin grading but worse.
 
Nice point find. Congrats
 
SW pennsylvania
 
That is a beautiful point that nearly all of us would be excited and proud to find. It is a corner notched point that probably dates to the early archaic period. Similar points go by a variety of names depending upon where they are found, and other slight regional differences. I don't know what the experienced collectors or researchers in your area would prefer to call it, but some of the similar types are Kirk, Charleston, Dovetail, St. Charles, etc. etc. HH
 
Nice Hardin for sure and one that any of us would be proud to find, but the small size and tip damage would preclude anything close to a "G10" grade.
 
Really nice point! I’d be super happy about pullin that one from the dirt.

Price Guides love the grade 1-10 designation, but as you can tell it’s a bit of a touchy issue for many collectors who tend to find more than they buy.
 
Interesting mix of raw materials. I see a point made from Flintridge in the bottom pic, 8 o'clock. Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom