What's new

Inner Ears Always Itch

Furismo

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
98
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I know this isn't the best place to ask but I'm hoping someone here may know.

For the past year or so I have had constant itching in my inner ears. I went to the doctor about a month ago and she said my eardrum was a bit cloudy (Meaning that there might be fluid behind it.). She prescribed some nasal spray to open up some tube type thing in my ear so it could drain, she also said something about it possibly being swollen. So I have been taking the nasal spray but my ears still itch.

The only way I can describe the itching would be some hairy caterpillar crawling around in my ear. It has been driving me nuts and I don't know what to do :C. I have tried putting sweet oil in my ears but I usually have to take the bottle and pour it into my ear to stop the itching.

I have been reading and some people say it could be a fungus infection or something like that. I did go to the doctor about 8 years ago for some type of fungus problem that was behind my outer ear, but I'm not sure if that's the problem now. My ears mostly itch at night when I head to bed but they can also itch during the day.
 
It sounds like allergies to me. Have you tried an over the counter antihistamine?
 
It's known as "Tinnitus expansion syndrome". Usually always fatal. It was nice knowing you. Can i have your metal detector please? :)
 
If you wear hearing aids, they always itch , a product called eargene, otc will help. Bob
 
I have also had itchy ears for a couple years now. I have found that white vinegar and warm water mixed 50/50 takes it away. It seems to come back in a few days, but it sure helps and it is about as natural as you can get.
 
Try sitting in a chair with your head on a desk or table and put some baby oil in, let it set for
3 to 5 minutes, then drain it out and carefully wipe it all out with a soft Q-tip. Change Q-tips
until it comes out dry. Do both sides that way. That is what I used to do. That stopped it
for me about 20 years ago and never had any more problem with it.

Ray
 
I'd be inclined (no pun intended) to use colloidal silver as both a nasal spray, and as a topical treatment in the ears as you would use ear drops. The silver does not need to be over 10-12 parts per million. If you can only get the 30 ppm stuff or higher and don't make it yourself, then I would thin the 30 ppm by adding a 1 to 1 ratio of distilled water. That will give you batch at roughly 15 ppm and should work very well.

Incline the head drop about four or five drops in the exposed ear, and wait for a couple minutes. Swab with q-tips and incline your head to expose the other ear. Same treatment.

Be sure to store any excess colloidal silver in a cool dark area to prevent it from oxidizing due to the light stimulus.
 
1- First rule of thumb is he old adage; never stick anything in your ear smaller than your elbow. :headbang: Believe that, or you're prone to do some serious damage by accident.

2- I hope you don't have an earwig... Although believed to be an old wives tale it can happen. Earwigs are predisposed to hiding in warm humid crevices and may indeed occasionally crawl into the human ear canal (much like any other small organism)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom