What's new

Interesting Article, "Save Your Nickels"

wharghoul

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
Interesting Article, "Save Your Nickels"

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig10/rawles1.1.1.html

I don't agree with a lot of this article, but it's interesting all the same.

Especially like the parts where the author points out that it is useless to look for silver coinage in circulation because it has all long since been picked by collectors.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Interesting Article, "Save Your Nickels"

"But isn't that only sorting time? It probably does not include the time to aquire, advertise, and then sell/ship the pennies. I'm not trying to belittle your profits."

-- I'm surprised in Jason's response that he didn't mention the approx. 10-11 thousand wheat pennies that he's accumulated. Seems to me to be another huge factor in justifying his efforts, because clearly he won't be selling his wheat pennies for melt value. Taking the wheats into consideration has to at least offset the other cost factors that you've mentioned.
 
Re: Interesting Article, "Save Your Nickels"

I'm surprised in Jason's response that he didn't mention the approx. 10-11 thousand wheat pennies that he's accumulated.

Very true. Again, I don't want to belittle Jason's efforts. He is clearly happy with the money he is making on this venture and it is nothing like hoarding pennies for some possible long term gain. But he has come up with a system and is definitely "not normal". :wink:

I know for a fact that I couldn't make such a thing profitable without spending a lot of time at it. But Jason evidently can so more power to him.

And I think I'd make even less money hoarding nickels...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom