What's new

Invading Virginia... again! Relics and coins.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
1,160
Golden Thread
1
Location
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I had the chance to hit the field we hit last month in Virginia where we think there was a minor Civil War calvary skirmish... last time we spent all day to find the site in the last hour of hunting... knowing that there were probably some relics still in the ground, and since we were passing through the area (its several hours driving from home) we could not resist a stop to check out the field again. ::) :hello2: :headbang:

Not five minutes in to the hunt, I found the first good signal. It turned out to be the 1840 LC. :icon_thumright: Aside from a stray Spencer casing, my digging was limited to junk until the last 10 minutes of the hunt... :-[ That is when I found the bullet and the Barber quarter. :tongue3: Where I usually hunt there isn't much silver so the Barber was a welcome find as well. ;D Now I need to see what I need to do to clean it up.... :wink:

My son will add to this post, he can tell you what he found. :)
 

Attachments

  • relics coins back.webp
    relics coins back.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 544
  • coins front.webp
    coins front.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0
Mach 1 Pilot is my Dad.

Here's my finds from the site.
At about 15 minutes to go I started pulling out a few Spencer casings.
It's nice to find Civil War stuff, but I'm jealous of Dads coins, being the guy who watches everyone else pull out coins but I never get any myself.

I also found the knife and token at my Uncle's yard in VA.

The token is a Cracker Jack mystery club Theodore Roosevelt token from about 1933-34.
The handle of the knife is made of plastic.
 

Attachments

  • relics cases and bullets.webp
    relics cases and bullets.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 475
  • knife and token.webp
    knife and token.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 483
  • roosevelt token.webp
    roosevelt token.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 487
Some nice finds , Congrats!!!!!!

Bubba65
 
Sweet finds! Gotta love the silver! :icon_thumright:
 
Thanks guys. Forgot to add... that scratch on the Largie is not from me! It appeared after the peroxide bath. :(
 
WTG Mach 1 And Mach II Great finds!!!!!!! HH Chug
 
Some cool stuff. I knew you all would be coming back so I left a little stuff for you. By the way. You're welcome. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Mach II said:
Mach 1 Pilot is my Dad.

Here's my finds from the site.
At about 15 minutes to go I started pulling out a few Spencer casings.
It's nice to find Civil War stuff, but I'm jealous of Dads coins, being the guy who watches everyone else pull out coins but I never gets any myself.

I also found the knife and token at my Uncle's yard in VA.

The token is a Cracker Jack mystery club Theodore Roosevelt token from about 1933-34.
The handle of the knife is made of plastic.
well done great post and pics...des
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom