What's new

Is $500 a week too much to dump on a TD bank?

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
192
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning, after only my 2nd $500 dump there (the first was about 7 to 10 days ago), the manager said please do not bring in anymore coins. I politely said OK and left after they paid me the $500.

The problem I see is that the half bags fill up at $100, so the bag has to be changed 5 times for a $500 dump. I have lots of TD banks near me, and I make it a rule never to give any of them more than $500 in one week, so I thought she was a little quick to show me the door, though I do understand why.

Anyone else have this happen?

HH

Nick
 
Upvote 0
wow..do you have an account there..i would be pissd
 
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
wow..do you have an account there..i would be pissd

Yes, it's 6% without one.
 
I'd find a dump bank that takes 500-1000 so you don't have to make them change the bags 5 times.
HH
Rich
 
I would either dump there or close my account.
 
legend76 said:
I would either dump there or close my account.

I'm sure that closing my account wont be that big of a threat to them since I only have $50 in there, and I only opened it for the sole purpose of dumping. :laughing7:
 
HH1972 said:
is TD a bank name? or type of bank?

TD is a bank with several locations along the east coast. They are well known for the tiny bags in their coin machines ::)
 
I don't know what kind of "bag" is in the machines I dump at but I have dumped over $1200 at one time and never had to change anything. Got my receipt and went to the window for my cash.
 
Load up the hand cart and bring in your lunch and dump heavy. Let them do their job. When your done, close the account.
 
yes i wouldnt dump more then about 100 a week. Unless you have a big account there coin machines are a courtesy for the customers. Many disagree with me but you wouldnt take all the cookies ,coffee, lolipops,free pens etc, would you?. No they are also a courtesy for their customers. I actually dump 80 in halves every 8 days or 105 every 2 weeks either on the weekend or on a late night.This keeps me under the radar and a smile on the faces of the tellers.
 
Dude, that's messed up.

TD Banks policy (Yes, corporate policy) is they must take any and all change a customer wishes to deposit via the penny arcade. Dump it all, deposit it, drive to a nearby branch (There's always branches within 10-15 minutes of one another) and withdraw it. They're not allowed to say no... if the Manager gives you crap again, call corporate and they'll put him/her in line.

FWIW, I dump anywhere from $2k-$5k in halves on TD every week. Other various types of change amount to an additional $2k-$4k a week. I spread it through 4 dump branches within 20 minutes of my house.
 
Avoid the TD Bank sorters as they have been known to miscount halves.

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
Avoid the TD Bank sorters as they have been known to miscount halves.

Maine_Jim
Haven't had any problems, my totals are almost always spot on, and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, like today.

They are, however, bad news bears with dimes.
 
Rich Hartford said:
I'd find a dump bank that takes 500-1000 so you don't have to make them change the bags 5 times.
HH
Rich

Rich, what other banks have coin sorters in their lobby that are available to customers? If this is privileged info I have not earned yet I totally understand.

HH

Nick
 
CardsNCoins said:
Rich Hartford said:
I'd find a dump bank that takes 500-1000 so you don't have to make them change the bags 5 times.
HH
Rich

Rich, what other banks have coin sorters in their lobby that are available to customers? If this is privileged info I have not earned yet I totally understand.

HH

Nick

There are about a half dozen or more banks in my State(Connecticut) that have coin counters. I just made note of them when I used to do road trips a couple of years ago.
HH
Rich
 
I have 2 different TD bank branches that give me a supply of the same type of bags they use on the penny arcade. I put $500.00 in each bag, write my account # and other information on the bag, and it's instantly deposited into my account. A lot easier on the machines and probably less work for the tellers too. Just don't overdo it, i would say no more then $2000 a week at any one branch. Bringing in donuts or cookies once in awhile doesn't hurt either. HH-MM2
 
maine_Jim said:
Avoid the TD Bank sorters as they have been known to miscount halves.

Maine_Jim

I never have that problem with any of my local TD branches. I have 3 close by and a good dozen in my extended area.
 
Ltrain said:
Dude, that's messed up.

TD Banks policy (Yes, corporate policy) is they must take any and all change a customer wishes to deposit via the penny arcade. Dump it all, deposit it, drive to a nearby branch (There's always branches within 10-15 minutes of one another) and withdraw it. They're not allowed to say no... if the Manager gives you crap again, call corporate and they'll put him/her in line.

FWIW, I dump anywhere from $2k-$5k in halves on TD every week. Other various types of change amount to an additional $2k-$4k a week. I spread it through 4 dump branches within 20 minutes of my house.

Like he said, the manager is full of it. Policy is they will take ALL your change in the machine with no limits.

Some branches have their machines set for $100/bag for halves, some have it for $500. The ones in my close area just reset the bag 5 times. The branch can ask the maintenance guy to reset the machine for whatever they want. I was there once when the maintenance guy was there and he showed a teller and I how to do it.

Around here, there are 2 big half hunters, me and a lady from another town. She dumps 3k at a a time. I usually don't do more than 1k since I can rarely afford to buy more than one box at a time anymore. I also spread it out among my 3 close branches. Never once has anyone said anything to either of us, even when asked point blank if we were inconveniencing them.
 
markmopar said:
Like he said, the manager is full of it. Policy is they will take ALL your change in the machine with no limits.

Some branches have their machines set for $100/bag for halves, some have it for $500. The ones in my close area just reset the bag 5 times. The branch can ask the maintenance guy to reset the machine for whatever they want. I was there once when the maintenance guy was there and he showed a teller and I how to do it.

Around here, there are 2 big half hunters, me and a lady from another town. She dumps 3k at a a time. I usually don't do more than 1k since I can rarely afford to buy more than one box at a time anymore. I also spread it out among my 3 close branches. Never once has anyone said anything to either of us, even when asked point blank if we were inconveniencing them.

I'll have to mention that to my dump banks regarding changing the bag limit to $500. Thanks for the tip, Mark.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom