Is EVP for real?

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I heard a program on the radio last night talking about EVP. I have never really believed in ghost or the paranormal or anything like that. Is this evp thing for real? When I heard examples on the radio of what people have captured for evps it sent a chill down my spine and I felt sick to my stomach. I have been thinking about trying this. I lost my girlfriend to suicide a couple of years ago. She used my shotgun and she did it right in front of me. I have been thinking about trying to contact her using evp. What does everyone think of this?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well You know My opinion if You've Read my Posts & I Know there are others who Disagree.

IF I Had the ability to Record sound on the Internet,
I Could convince Believes I Have Absolute Proof of EVP's

But I Still Believe they are just Natural Wind &
imperfections in the Recording Medium used
causing Noises that can be easily misinterpreted

Electronic Voice Phenomena ? Yes
Ghosts ? No

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
SteveDodds said:
I have been thinking about trying this. I lost my girlfriend to suicide a couple of years ago. She used my shotgun and she did it right in front of me. I have been thinking about trying to contact her using evp. What does everyone think of this?

I'm thinking she said what she wanted to say... what is it you hope to achieve?

I also think that much like the ouija board - once you open that channel to communicate with the other side you can't control who comes to visit you.

Only because you asked - I say: "Let it go man... move on, and check in with her when you die of old age after a long happy life".

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
SteveDodds said:
I have been thinking about trying this. I lost my girlfriend to suicide a couple of years ago. She used my shotgun and she did it right in front of me. I have been thinking about trying to contact her using evp. What does everyone think of this?

I also think that much like the ouija board - once you open that channel to communicate with the other side you can't control who comes to visit you.

Only because you asked - I say: "Let it go man... move on, and check in with her when you die of old age after a long happy life".

I agree

K

Kentucky Kache

Jeep said:
Montana Jim said:
SteveDodds said:

I agree

Me too. Some things are not to be toyed with.

OP
OP
SteveDodds

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
The show was on AM 1040 from Des Moines Iowa late at night. Thats all I can tell ya about it. It was pretty freaky if it is for real. Which I doubt it is.

I don't really hope to accomplish anything. It just sounded like something to do.

I haven't let it go. Experiencing something like that is not something a person can let go, move on, or get over. All they can do is learn to live with it. I have learned to live with it. I have a fiance now and we have a son together.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
SteveDodds said:
The show was on AM 1040 from Des Moines Iowa late at night. Thats all I can tell ya about it. It was pretty freaky if it is for real. Which I doubt it is.

I don't really hope to accomplish anything. It just sounded like something to do.

I haven't let it go. Experiencing something like that is not something a person can let go, move on, or get over. All they can do is learn to live with it. I have learned to live with it. I have a fiance now and we have a son together.

Fair enough... and either way I'm glad you've moved forward... I guess I might never be able let go of something like that either. My response was not meant to be insensitive, but forward thinking. Whatever you choose to do - I hope it helps and doesn't hurt.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Yes, EVP recording is real. I have been a paranormal researcher/investigator since the mid 1990's, and I have heard (and recorded) some good EVP's.

When people try to capture EVP, some recordings are no doubt matrixing, and some recordings are no doubt just natural sounds that just happen to occur while recording. Some EVP's, however,.....it's really hard to attribute a voice on tape to background noise when the voice plainly answers the question that was just asked! Also, my team uses sophisticated recording equipment during our investigations, including computer software so that we can "clean up" the recording. We have got EVP's that, when analyzed, read on the sound spectrum on a frequency well below the human vocal range.

Recording EVP, and using the ouija board, is not evil in itself. They do not open a doorway or the gates of hell (so to speak). They are just tools. The danger of them lies inside the person. Let me explain. If a contact is made, and the entity is of a negative nature, it may pretend (lie) to be something it's not (Uncle Fred) so as to gain the persons trust. Once the trust is established, then the entity may become more demanding. This is the first stages of "oppression", and can usually (but not always) be stopped simply by stopping all contact. However, if the person trusts "Uncle Fred", he or she may not WANT to stop. That is where the true danger lies.

Recording EVP can be done safely, but as far as the ouija board goes....my team doesn't use them. Better to stay on the safe side. :wink:

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
EVP's are real! You can check it out yourself. We just had a hand held tape recorder. And when we asked the name of the entity, it replyed. = WHAT IS YOUR NAME. Then said ENIGMA. When asked, how long have you lived in our house. It said, QUITE SOME TIME. A number of statements have been made. The voice was very clear. So there is something out there. The entity or entitys have not been harmfull to us. They just reach out sometimes and touch us and let us know there around. All life is a mystery!

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I have often wondered if EVP's are real. I believe they are but still question it at times. I've heard some that are so clear you wonder if someone is trying to fool you and others that are so faint you cant make out what is supposedly being said. My understanding is that a lot of those "face in the window" claims are nothing more than just a wierd shape or reflection and the brain turns it into something more recognizable to us usaually a face. I wonder if the same happens on an audio level. Please forgive if this has already been mentioned, I wasn't sure if this queery was just the long winded version of "matrixing".

turnip

Greenie
Mar 19, 2009
EVP is very real, i do regular recordings in some old buildings on the island i work at. i used to catch muffled voices on old ships too. some of the responses you may get might not be your girlfriend but other voices in the air. And not all voices are friendly they can be quite chilling if you are not ready for them. good luck on what ever you decide, and if you want advice pm me.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Yes EVP is for real, to record it you will need a digital voice recorder and audio program called Audiocity, But I advise you to use basic questions only.
Like what is your name?
how old are you ?
how did you die?
Do you wish for me to leave?
a digital voice recorder can pick little whisper and voices that we can't hear with our ears.
And the recording can be boosted up to the EVPS.
As for ouija boards I advise that you don't.
there dangerous and your opening a port hole( door) to the unknown.
Ghost can give off EMF and if you have a Mel Meter 8704 emf meter you can detected them
but you will need to shut off your main power to the house to avoid faulse readings
Ghost can draw power from you and camreas and any thing battery operated .
and from that they leave a cold spots.

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Enigma something that speaks in riddles, not truthful. EVP opens doors to many things, sometimes evil, if you are not strong enough mentally these voices can take over your life. I used Ouija boards only a few times, had evil dreams of me killing and hacking people to death, had to pray to god to rid me of these dreams, promised to never use the board again. After using the board for awhile, you will not have to spell things out, the messages will come to you in your mind. Some spirits will lie, how do you know they speak the truth, you don't.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well Ghost hunting is really a science ,and no port holes are opened.
but when your ghost hunting your only trying to get proff of the paranormal or debunk it.
Evps can even be from all kind of sources. I don't allow evps telling me what to do.
if your a paranormal investigator you know trying get some kind of proff of evps and find out if ghosts that are real.
you shouldn't pay attention what evps say.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
EVPs are real, dont understand who or where they come from but Ive heard too many that were crystal clear & direct answers to questions that were asked. Dont screw around with a ouiji board.........my father went through a "spiritual" phase in the 60s where they did seances & ouiji parties often & he had a few experiences that frankly scared the hell out of him, real demonic episodes. I was a young kid at the time & I had many strange experiences in that house. With all the occult activity that was going on I believe now that the house was evil. Stay away from the Ouiji boards.

Also, ive seen many pics of faces in glass or mirrors that are so clear.........it cant be our imagination. Seen many that were strange, could possibly be a coincedance & seen a few that were faces, period, no doubt or coincedance. I saw a program a while back where a family built a large log home in the woods in Colorado, strange things started happening, every photo of their two boys had a red or green ora around them. The father became obsessed with an antique dresser & mirror in the master bedroom & began taking pics of the mirror with disturbing results. One pic that absolutely shocked the hell out of me had two mens faces with hats & beards, the four eyes were beads of light. Unmistakable & no doubt in my mind that this wasnt a trick of light. It was determined that they built their house on some burial ground, a portal. Who knows? I think one day we will all understand........ :dontknow:

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
With ghost hunting being a science your not messing with the occult.
your investigating a happening. I have my mel meter and digital voice recorder
and my digital camrea and camcorder. but I follow ghost hunting rules to be safe.
I know you shouldn't provoke a ghosts.
the only time I tested a ouija board is 3 years ago, I got message saying Get rid of it.
and so I did. nothing else happened after that.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I tried the ouija board thing many years ago and haven't since then. Nothing evil or bad happened, just left with the feeling or vibe of maybe I should leave that alone.

As for EVP's, I grew up hearing voices or hearing your name being called and there's no body there. It wasn't unsettling to see something or someone out of the corner of your eyes either, unless you really got a bad feeling from it then that was different. About my late 20's (I'm 43 now)I started hearing and seeing less. Personally I would like to get back into that mind set or frame of mind to hear/see more often than I do now, I believe their still there but I just don't hear/see anymore. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like there voices or saw things all the time, it just wasn't suprising when it did happen. I was so much more actively curious then and at some point I was just curious. Now I'm somewhat actively curious again and I wonder if things we see or hear can actually be caught on tape/CD/digital recorder(camera)/etc. I watch some of these paranormal shows since it's now mainstream and a cool subject. There's a couple I believe are real but I keep in mind that they are a TV show looking for ratings.

Lucky Dragon, I didn't find an auiocity program but I did see a program called audacity, is that the one you were referring to in your post. It would be going on my wife's laptop and if I mess it up I may be the next spirit roaming the house at night. Sorry I got long winded, I get a bit wound up over this subject and hearing other peoples view and experiences.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Free floating EMFs are ghost evps are whispers and some times are very faint.

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
Hey all

I'm not going to go through the whole story but I picked up some really good evp's in the last two weeks at a Motel that hasn't been around all that long <50 years. The only thing that had me even try to contact anything there is because the TV constantly changes channels and the volume goes up and down on its own. Other things have happened there as well....Electronic items turn on themselves and my fiance was touched in the middle of the night and thought it was me. I spoke to the owners and they say nothing has ever happened there and they have been there for 30 years. I will send the EVP's to anyone that wants to hear them. Just msg me.

Take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread