What's new

Is Gold going to $4,000 ?

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4853.webp
 
Man, it’s like it’s real money!
The tough thing, I’ve always thought, is that it’s too high. But really it’s the anti dollar, up or down, gold will hold value.
It’s too high till you have to get permits, reclamation bonds, equipment, bodies to run equipment, fuel, breakdowns, concentration of deposit, mechanical and chemical processes required to liberate and capture the gold, ect. It’s all about scale, cost of mining, investor returns perhaps, and price of gold. At least that’s my ignorant idea. How many ways do you want to split that ounce of gold? If you find gold picking bedrock cracks and you can’t believe that piece you used a tweezer to pick up is worth $20 - is that too high? The majority of the gold mined in the world doesn’t come from snipers. SO the higher prices are more favorable to recreational or micro miners. The commercial miners are certainly making more money, paying higher dividends to investors, and opening up new ground, but it’s all about perspective.
 
Last edited:
It’s too high till you have to get permits, reclamation bonds, equipment, bodies to run equipment, fuel, breakdowns, concentration of deposit, mechanical and chemical processes required to liberate and capture the gold, ect. It’s all about scale, cost of mining, investor returns perhaps, and price of gold. At least that’s my ignorant idea. How many ways do you want to split that ounce of gold? If you find gold picking bedrock cracks and you can’t believe that piece you used a tweezer to pick up is worth $20 - is that too high? The majority of the gold mined in the world doesn’t come from snipers. SO the higher prices are more favorable to recreational or micro miners. The commercial miners are certainly making more money, paying higher dividends to investors, and opening up new ground, but it’s all about perspective.
Maybe he was not talking about mining. What about gold in hand? Gold coins purchased ions ago,...or even a couple of years ago?
 
Here's a question I have. What if gold goes to 5,000 or higher and what if at that price no one is buying? Then what? Can gold and silver ever go to a price where refiners and investors simply wont buy the gold because they are not willing to speculate any further?
 
Here's a question I have. What if gold goes to 5,000 or higher and what if at that price no one is buying? Then what? Can gold and silver ever go to a price where refiners and investors simply wont buy the gold because they are not willing to speculate any further?
I have wondered that for yrs, from a nugget hunters perspective. I remember yrs ago $250 AUD thereabouts an ounce was what we'd get from buyers that dealt in natural gold. Here we are and recently got $4800 AUD with % removed for the buyer. I still wonder the same myself though. Funnily though, when I was talking to him I said when he'd weighed it and said the price "cool, thats kinda what I have always felt it should be around, 5k, given the effort and outlay over the yrs to get it."
He actually replied, he also detects, "5!? I reckon it should be even higher."
I said 10 would be nice. He replied yeah that's more like it.
How good would that be 😀
 
I said 10 would be nice. He replied yeah that's more like it.
How good would that be 😀
Never ever would I dream that gold is where it is at. My parents passed away around 10 years ago. They had a hobby when they were a bit younger to go to the mountains and pan in the streams. Over time they collected about 60 grams of nuggets that they hoped that would someday be worth a THOUSAND dollars. Would they be tickled to know what their little hobby got them to today.
 
To answer the OP's question, if no one buys at (say) $5,000/oz then the price will come down (Econ 301: Supply and Demand) to a point where buyers start to buy again.
Don in So Cal.
PS: The Royal Canadian Mint sells gold 'coins' down to 1/20 of a troy ounce--to help keep the price/oz buoyant.
 
Last edited:
Anyone ever look at the picture of old miners who SUPPOSEDLY were looking to “strike it rich 🤑” and become wealthy… only to live life like this, in raggedy conditions in the hope of finding a little yellow color ?
Looking for gold is actually a tedious and backbreaking process… to benefit who ? 😂

IMG_5015.webp
 
IMG_5016.webp


Today is another crazy day for Gold and Silver… silver is getting crazy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom