What's new

Is Gold going to $4,000 ?

With all due respect you don’t understand what’s happening here, and you certainly don’t understand the problems… Without understanding the problem, one can not actually solve the problem, just throw repeat solutions at it and kick the can down the road… Which brings us to where we currently are…

You are correct on profitable gold per yard changing, if all else stayed the same, which it isn’t going too, thus again you don’t understand what’s happening and what the problems truly are…

But most don’t, percent (of group)wise baby boomers have the least understanding, but it’s a majority in all generations…

On this platform I can’t tell you what the root cause is, what’s happening, nor the solution, as this would be in violation of policy…

Hopefully not in violation, I will simply say objectively the 30s were exponentially better times than what our young people are going through now; these children being born now have inherited the worst world and hardest hand ever delivered to any generation in human history!!!
I worry for my grandkids, have 7 with the 8th on the way. When I was a kid, I vividly remember going to the grocery store with my grandmother and getting a large box of cereal for $0.45 cents, went to the movies for 35 cents, got penny candy from the candy store for 1 penny. Then, some of us will remember the McDonald's TV commercial, where they showed a guy going up to the counter, getting a hamburger, fries & drink, handing the cashier $1.00, then getting a nickel change back. IIRC, they were calling that their "change back from a dollar" promotion.
 
these children being born now have inherited the worst world and hardest hand ever delivered to any generation in human history!!!
Oh really. There have been countless generations born to a world where they had to worry about being eaten before they could walk, or what they were going to dig up or kill to be able to eat. That sounds a lot tougher than having to choose between iPhone or GameBoy, or whether you can have ice cream after pizza.
 
When I was a kid, I vividly remember going to the grocery store with my grandmother and getting a large box of cereal for $0.45 cents, went to the movies for 35 cents, got penny candy from the candy store for 1 penny.
We used to get multiple pieces of candy for a penny. Not any more.
 
Oh really. There have been countless generations born to a world where they had to worry about being eaten before they could walk, or what they were going to dig up or kill to be able to eat. That sounds a lot tougher than having to choose between iPhone or GameBoy, or whether you can have ice cream after pizza.
Another whom doesn’t understand the problem! You may think you’re being cute but simply exposing your ignorance of what’s truly going on and how far we have fallen.

“human history” would point to recoded history! And yet if you wish to take it to that level I would stand by it’s worse now than then!

Wilderness and living as you described is simply a refuge or safe haven from today and what these kids have to face! What you described is almost utopian compared to today. Skills, culture, and truth handed down generation to generation, society and meaningful wealth (tangible and Intangible) built over thousands of years, passing this on and building for the future generations (meaning building/investing for generations none of which you would see benefits from, think planting an orchard, you do so for your grand kids, because you will never see the fruit of your labor) stopped with a particular generation, and instead was outsourced to the world, sold/destroyed simply to improve one’s tangible wealth (me generation)… Now the world is at the precipice of destruction, this is not “the problem” just one of many coming from the root cause!

I will tell you the root cause regardless of policy; Turing away from the Lord, rejecting Jesus the Christ as a nation (people) it started well prior to baby boomers, it’s foundation laid with the first non revolutionary war fighting generation, gaining allot of systems for growth in early 20th (1913 a very bad year) leaping with WW2, and accelerated at an accelerating pace with the baby boomers coming to power (Keeping power)in society… All subjects for destruction have this as their root…
 
I worry for my grandkids, have 7 with the 8th on the way. When I was a kid, I vividly remember going to the grocery store with my grandmother and getting a large box of cereal for $0.45 cents, went to the movies for 35 cents, got penny candy from the candy store for 1 penny. Then, some of us will remember the McDonald's TV commercial, where they showed a guy going up to the counter, getting a hamburger, fries & drink, handing the cashier $1.00, then getting a nickel change back. IIRC, they were calling that their "change back from a dollar" promotion.
Congratulations, you are truly wealthy beyond measure!
 
I am almost reading my reflection in a lot of what you wrote.
I dress in patched clothing that are stained from years of toiled labor.
I put on the clean jeans and shirt and folks say "oh look you got dressed up today"🤣

My truck is 16 yrs old, the other car is 14 yrs old, and are still good runners.
I know it is not hard to buy a $110,000+ new truck. But the question begs why?

The gold watches and the bling sit in cases in the SDbox at the bank.
The Mrs rarely wears her bling as the gardens are more important than putting on airs.
Yes I can pass for a hobo most days swinging a detector out in the fields.
I get more pleasure out of recycling some scrap than going out to a fancy restaurant or show.
Seen enough of the world not to have the need to travel ever again. We don't have a need to supply the other country authorities with our biometric print.

We don't have children but found a younger generation that serves us like having some, and even an adopted Grandson.
The comfort level in knowing they'll be there when ever we need them, but there's no family drama attached.
Looking at the same hazel eyes for nearly 40 yrs has kept this hound contented on his own front porch.
There's a comfort knowing that there's one that always be there, but not to be taken for granted either.

Yes the lure of gold, the lure of status, the look at me has not made a presence in my world.
Those who have the need to be 👏
No problem as I have congratulated many on their own personal life.
No jealousy in seeing the nicer, richer, better, nor is there any looking down the nose at someone or something that isn't even close to being in that world.

I have found better folks at the bottom than at the top of the life's ladder it seems.
The folks are grounded are still worth more having a full shaker of salt.
Mentor these younger people, pass along what truly matters! Yeah them skills, true life skills and happiness! Help in the garden, working on equipment, digging up history!
 
Another whom doesn’t understand the problem!
I understand the problem better than most. I'm pointing out your over dramatization.

“human history” would point to recoded history!
Humans have a history that far exceeds what's written down.

Wilderness and living as you described is simply a refuge or safe haven from today and what these kids have to face! What you described is almost utopian compared to today.
Try it sometime. Subsistence living is not utopia. It certainly can be a content and happy lifestyle, but so can the modern one.

building for the future generations (meaning building/investing for generations none of which you would see benefits from, think planting an orchard, you do so for your grand kids, because you will never see the fruit of your labor) stopped with a particular generation,
This is, again, an overgeneralization. I'm one of the "boomers" that you rail about. I have, in fact, planted orchards that I'll likely never enjoy, and I continue to. (I've got a dozen trees waiting for me to plant them right now, actually.) I do a lot of things to leave the world better than I found it. Most of the people I know my age have done similarly. But then most of the people I know are "country" people. They don't live in high-rises and drink overpriced lattes in their Mercedes on the way to the office. They're the kind of people who appreciate hard work -- farmers, laborers, builders, welders, and other blue collar worksers. And most of them will agree with you, as I do, that the world has gone to hell in a hand basket. But it wasn't them that did the weaving.

1913 a very bad year)
And we definitely agree on that one.
 
20251002_202325.webp
20251002_202346.webp

3 hours swimming = working man's pay !! I like this !!🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🫡
 
We used to get multiple pieces of candy for a penny. Not any more.
Penny candy was 5 Jujubes for a penny. Black babies 1 cent, 3 strawberries for 5 cents. Ice cream 5 cents a scoop.
25 cent allowance created a lot of cavities 🤣
 
With all due respect you don’t understand what’s happening here, and you certainly don’t understand the problems… Without understanding the problem, one can not actually solve the problem, just throw repeat solutions at it and kick the can down the road… Which brings us to where we currently are…

You are correct on profitable gold per yard changing, if all else stayed the same, which it isn’t going too, thus again you don’t understand what’s happening and what the problems truly are…

But most don’t, percent (of group)wise baby boomers have the least understanding, but it’s a majority in all generations…

On this platform I can’t tell you what the root cause is, what’s happening, nor the solution, as this would be in violation of policy…

Hopefully not in violation, I will simply say objectively the 30s were exponentially better times than what our young people are going through now; these children being born now have inherited the worst world and hardest hand ever delivered to any generation in human history!!!
I would love to hear your point of view however I understand the limitations of this forum in regards to policy in regards politics. for me to elaborate further into deeper detail I would indeed be straying into political agenda and policy's.

However what I can say from my experience my perspective I did my time as the whipping donkey working all the crap jobs to become CEO of my own company and worked in many countries. Respectfully I disagree that this generation has it tougher than all other generations. That said there is regional exceptions to the rule and challenges ahead.

The 1930s were extremely bad in the USA, primarily due to the Great Depression, the worst economic downturn in history, which led to mass unemployment, poverty, widespread homelessness, bank failures, and steep declines in industrial output and GDP. The decade was also marked by environmental disaster, with the Dust Bowl causing mass migration from the Great Plains, making the 1930s a period of extreme economic and social hardship. During the Great Depression, the U.S. unemployment rate reached a peak of 24.9% in 1933, meaning nearly one out of every four workers was unemployed. This historic high was a result of the widespread economic collapse, which saw a 47% drop in industrial production, a 30% decline in GDP, and a significant increase in poverty and bank failures. (The sad thing is many American forget this )

My dad grew up in depression and then fought in WW2 they never complained they just got on with job. There was 8 kids in his family living 3 bedroom house. No bathroom just tin bath and toilet out side. No toilet paper just cut newspapers. They shared beds growing up as kids. One sister dying not being able to afford medical treatment. My granddad could no afford a car as that was luxury. He walked around for miles for hours as his 7 year old daughter laying dying and her only wish was to taste banana for the first time and last time in her life. No one had any. I cannot imagine how demeaning it must of been for grandad to not even be able to grant such a simple wish to his dying little girl. Such was hardships back then.

During COVID The United State steepest point of the decline saw real gross domestic product (GDP) drop to 9 percent below its level at the beginning of the recession in early 2020. This drop was significantly sharper than the nearly 4% decline seen in the deepest part of the Great Recession, highlighting the profound impact of the pandemic on the economy. Most countries went through GDP deline and most countries are recovering. All be it a various rate.

Today the unemployment rate in the United States was 4.3% in August 2025, which was the most recent data reported on September 5, 2025, by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This rate has remained little changed since April 2025. While we are all experiencing inflationary measures all around the world after COVID 19 pandemic. It is true Many people never recovered from that turmoil acerbating problems for vulnerable people who lived from paycheck to pay check. They was the ones who suffered the most. Its not to say there is no poverty and hardship today. But there is also a large proportion have crashed and burned, because of poor lifestyle choices and financial illiteracy.

Poverty today is arguably not harder for most people than in the 1930s, as overall living standards are significantly higher, but the nature of poverty and its challenges are different. While people in the 1930s faced more widespread and severe hardship, such as extremely low incomes, high unemployment, and a lack of modern conveniences, poverty today is marked by greater access to opportunities but also new challenges like increased financial choices, higher expectations for living standards, and the pervasive nature of technology.

Today we have better medical treatment. better access to education. We have online resources to better ourselves. AI is a great challenge to the next generation. As many jobs and even many university courses will eventually become obsolete. Being obsolete is nothing new my boomer generation too who suffered being obsolete when multinationals took jobs offshore for cheaper wages and automation reduced manning levels. Forcing many of my generation to constantly reinvent ourselves. Many of my generation never recovered from job losses or divorce. Some crashed and burned into drugs and alcohol. In all generations there are casualties and I know all of us reading this probably know some one who has crashed and burned. Some times you can be a casualty by no fault of your own. The scary reality is? Its very easy to be that person regardless of the generation. Regardless of the country you live in.

There is a simple reason why gold is going up? Investors are using gold as hedge to protect themselves from a period of instability in global markets.

Crow
 
Last edited:
Congratulations, you are truly wealthy beyond measure!
My wealth is not of this world. Being a co-heir with the Lord Jesus can't even be quantified, wealth beyond any form of measurement. I really don't care what I have or get in this life, but I do care about the next.
View attachment 2227561View attachment 2227562
3 hours swimming = working man's pay !! I like this !!🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🫡
Good Lord BB, I gotta wear sunglasses to look at that thang. GREAT find!!
 
Penny candy was 5 Jujubes for a penny. Black babies 1 cent, 3 strawberries for 5 cents. Ice cream 5 cents a scoop.
25 cent allowance created a lot of cavities 🤣
Almost forgot, but my grandmother used to take me to the Little Tavern where we'd get those silver dollar size hamburgers on a small bun with onions for 5 cents each, bag of 20 for $1.00. Damn, I can still taste those little burgers, they were so good.
 
Almost forgot, but my grandmother used to take me to the Little Tavern where we'd get those silver dollar size hamburgers on a small bun with onions for 5 cents each, bag of 20 for $1.00. Damn, I can still taste those little burgers, they were so good.
McDonald's had.a cheeseburger special 10 for a dollar in 1978. I think they were invented for the munchies hit.
 
We used to get multiple pieces of candy for a penny. Not any more.
AH! Those was days when life was so simple and uncomplicated! Wondering what candy your going to get for your penny. Takes me back to my child hood when we oblivious to the ills of world. I remember being a kid eager to grow up. Only to grow up wanting to be kid again!

Gee I wish I was back there.

Crow
 
I would not be surprised if Gold does not climb to 5000 per ounce by the middle of next year?

Crow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom