What's new

Is It Just Me???

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
I was just wondering! I have been coin roll hunting with my wife for about 6 weeks now. We have found between us 58, 40% Kennedys. Plus some much better. But my question is this; we are yet to find a 1970 Kennedy. Are there just less of them out there. I've made it my goal to locate one now. I realize it will still only be a 40% silver half though.
Good Hunting! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Good luck, I just went through boxes # 23-24 for the year, and I've never seen one.
 
engine 823 said:
...we are yet to find a 1970 Kennedy. Are there just less of them out there....
Good luck, they were only issued in mint sets and those in the wild were from those sets. Only a few members here have found one or two. I have found almost 1000 40% halves and not one was a '70. :-[
 
:'(
Well guess that answers some questions. I will keep looking though. Thats the CRH'S Motto!!!!!!
 
I have been CRHing for many years now. I have found a total of about 6500 40% halves (have sold 5000 and have about 1500). Out of all of those I have only found 2 1970D's. They are a very tough find.
 
True, they are very hard to come by. 95% of my searching over the last 2 1/2 years has been casino slots but earlier this year I did about 10 bank boxes. That was where I found my first and only 70-D. Maybe we should do a poll to find out how many have been found.
 
I've look threw about $50,000-60,000 in halves. I have not found a 70 D or S yet.
I have found the bicentenial proof S in clad and silver clad proof. My dansco album has a spot for a silver clad S in BU that I wasn't aware of until I got that album.

I'm going to try to complete a set of kennedy halves from circulation. The 87 P,D, and S is also hard to find. I've got those already as well.
 
Here's your answer to mintages for half dollars

Mintage figures
Kennedy Half Dollars, 1964 (90% silver)

1964 P - 273,304,004
1964 D - 156,205,446
Kennedy Half Dollars, 1965-1970 (40% silver)

1965 - 65,879,366
1966 - 108,984,932
1967 - 295,046,978
1968 D - 246,951,930
1969 D - 129,881,800
1970 D - 2,150,000
Kennedy Half Dollars, 1971-present (cupro-nickel)

1971 P - 155,164,000
1971 D - 302,097,424
1972 P - 153,180,000
1972 D - 141,890,000
1973 P - 64,964,000
1973 D - 83,171,400
1974 P - 201,596,000
1974 D - 79,066,300
(no known half dollars dated 1975)

1976 P - 234,308,000 (bicentennial)
1976 D - 287,565,248 (bicentennial)
1977 P - 43,598,000
1977 D - 31,449,106
1978 P - 14,350,000
1978 D - 13,765,799
1979 P - 68,312,000
1979 D - 15,815,422
1980 P - 44,134,000
1980 D - 33,456,449
1981 P - 29,544,000
1981 D - 27,839,533
1982 P - 10,819,000
1982 D - 13,140,102
1983 P - 34,139,000
1983 D - 32,472,244
1984 P - 26,029,000
1984 D - 26,262,158
1985 P - 18,706,962
1985 D - 19,814,034
1986 P - 13,107,633
1986 D - 15,336,145
1987 P - 2,890,758
1987 D - 2,890,758
1988 P - 13,626,000
1988 D - 12,000,096
1989 P - 24,542,000
1989 D - 23,000,216
1990 P - 22,278,000
1990 D - 20,096,242
1991 P - 14,874,000
1991 D - 15,054,678
1992 P - 17,628,000
1992 D - 17,000,106
1993 P - 15,510,000
1993 D - 15,000,006
1994 P - 23,718,000
1994 D - 23,828,110
1995 P - 26,496,000
1995 D - 26,288,000
1996 P - 24,442,000
1996 D - 24,744,000
1997 P - 20,882,000
1997 D - 19,876,000
1998 P - 15,646,000
1998 D - 15,064,000
1999 P - 8,900,000
1999 D - 10,682,000
2000 P - 22,600,000
2000 D - 19,466,000
2001 P - 21,200,000
2001 D - 19,504,000
2002 P - 3,100,000
2002 D - 2,500,000
2003 P - 2,500,000
2003 D - 2,500,000
2004 P - 2,900,000
2004 D - 2,900,000
2005 P - 3,800,000
2005 D - 3,500,000
2006 P - 2,400,000
2006 D - 2,000,000
2007 P - 2,400,000
2007 D - 2,400,000
 
Out of all the halves I have searched I have only found two or three. Those babies are elusive!! After quite some time of not finding one, it became a mission....lol. I finally found one and then not long after I found another.

Good luck on your quest.....I know what you are feeling....ha!
 
Like this? HH Mark
DSCN1347.jpg
 
Been CRH since August and I have found 4 70d's and 4 70s's All in the same bank bag.
 
jewelerdave said:
Been CRH since August and I have found 4 70d's and 4 70s's All in the same bank bag.

That is SWEET. ;D I have been crhing maybe 1.5 to 2 years and I have found 2 70D and 1 70S. They are out there. (and all three are at least AU if not MS)
 
Yes, they are tough to find. I got lucky and found one in my fourth box, at Christmas time 2006. Years ago, I got the 1970-S from a teller, so I've found both. So far, I've only been able to find the 1987-D, twice. I haven't found the 1987-P, yet.

Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom