Is my mine the LDM?

BlackLine

View attachment 1347934

From this picture , looks that your spot is not so hard to be approached from the north .
IMO , your spot don't has a ( one ) LDM clue . Not even the Pit mine clue " From the mine you can see my car , but from my car you can't see the mine " .

i think you understand me wrong. i think if he slept in the cave on the slope or in the cliff dewellings he had to take this way. surely you can get to the mine in your view from the north. its is a north tending canyon. it is only impossible to get directly to the cave on the slope from the mine cause it is too steep.

BlackLine

If you believe how your spot is the LDM , it's OK , I have not problem with this . But because the thread's title ask from us to write our opinions , so I wrote mine .
And I want to add some tips to my opinion :
You ( plural ) will never find the LDM if -
a) You will search in the eastern part of the Superstitions
b) You will search up to 5 miles ( on trails , off trails but not a straight line ) from your car ( trailhead ) .

Last edited:
really i like the discussion. thats helps me to explain my thinkwise. it is absolutley ok that you are not convince. i am happy that you give me new perspectives regardless of whether it is the mine.

BlackLine

If you believe how your spot is the LDM , it's OK , I have not problem with this . But because the thread's title ask from us to write our opinions , so I wrote mine .
And I want to add some tips to my opinion :
You ( plural ) will never find the LDM if -
a) You will search in the eastern part of the Superstitions
b) You will search up to 5 miles ( on trails , off trails but not a straight line ) from your car .

Marius,

It would seem your opinions might be based on clues attributed to Jacob Waltz. There is every possibility that most of those clues are misleading or completely made up. Nothing is written in stone......so to speak.:dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe

Marius,

It would seem your opinions might be based on clues attributed to Jacob Waltz. There is every possibility that most of those clues are misleading or completely made up. Nothing is written in stone......so to speak.:dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe

Joe

Yes , nothing is written in stone and nothing is inaccurate before be proven the contrary . I believe too how some clues were made up .

It is no secret that I know only a little bit about the LDM.
But, I wonder, does anyone know how the Dutchman found it, without all of these clues and secrets.
If he discovered it in all of the boundless area, why can it not be rediscovered within a relatively small area, using basic prospecting methods?

#/;0{>~0). ???

If LDM is in eastern supers, could the Priest shaped mountains (as seen from 50,000 ft. elevation in GE) point the way?
(have found this an interesting coincidence) Priests downsized.jpg

Or just a little ways northwest from same elevation is a horse lying down north of the river.
(another coincidence).horses downsized.jpg

It is no secret that I know only a little bit about the LDM.
But, I wonder, does anyone know how the Dutchman found it, without all of these clues and secrets.
If he discovered it in all of the boundless area, why can it not be rediscovered within a relatively small area, using basic prospecting methods?

#/;0{>~0). ???

My dad told me that gold was on top of the ground back then.
I can't see someone doing an enormous feat of hiking an extremely hard to get to place back then, just prospecting for gold.
In fact, how could it be a mine if you cant get to it?

Last edited:
Seems like some simple basic prospecting might work better than trying to unravel the truth from the lies and misdirection that has been told and retold for a century and a half.

The risk/rewards ratio looks a little easier on the old wallet too.

#/;0{>~

LADIES GENTLEMEN, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE DUTCHMAN HAD A DRY WASHER MADE UP JUST PRIOR -- HINT

TYPICAL PROSPECTING IN THOSE DAYS WAS TO CHECK THE RUNOFF FROM THE MTS THROUGH THEIIR FLOW DOWNWARDS INTO THE ARROYOS

Last edited:
here another map that could match to this area. only on satelite pic from 2005 you can see in ge that there were much traffic. now these areas were hide by bush. i would check this spots with a detector, if you find nothing from the mexicans i will be quiet.

peralta-map.jpg

could anyone tell me if you have to own the land where you want to get a claim for? how much does it cost to get the claim and get the land? i know im not a citizen, but if it isnt expensive (claim not more than 300) i will pay for it, regardless if there are any precious metals. you have no cons. is there anybody who can help me?

do not get an eye cancer ;) not every line match but many.

horsemap.gif

here another map that could match to this area. only on satelite pic from 2005 you can see in ge that there were much traffic. now these areas were hide by bush. i would check this spots with a detector, if you find nothing from the mexicans i will be quiet.

View attachment 1348543

could anyone tell me if you have to own the land where you want to get a claim for? how much does it cost to get the claim and get the land? i know im not a citizen, but if it isnt expensive (claim not more than 300) i will pay for it, regardless if there are any precious metals. you have no cons. is there anybody who can help me?

Nice try to make to fits the Burbridge/Peralta map in your region of interest . Also , you can find the debate on this subject at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/467811-heap-proof-25.html#post4640268

Follow in Jacob's footsteps. Do as he did and you will find this. I did View attachment 1348313

Sarge

From what the old maps show , the richest gold placer in the Superstitions is in Needle Canyon , from south-west of Three Red Hills area till the junction with Boulder Canyon .

markmar! man whats wrong? it isnt a try... its my research result. thats why i create a new thread. everyone that dont like it, read it, laugh and have fun but dont offend me only cause i had my own thinkwise. go out make your own thread, have fun, enjoy the hunting. if any citizen wants to help me plz contact me.

Gold is where you find it. It's also where others found it in the past. You can drive up to it or hike for days. I prefer to drive. I like to keep my vehicle in sight.

Ya, I do the same only I keep mine in the sights of my 45!

Good gold hunting to ya Frank.

I'm out until I get my knee fixed. Panning on your knees to much can do damage to your meniscus and cartilage under the cap. My wife says always bring knee pads when she comes along. Not for gold panning but for assisting in her needs! GEEZ!!

I have a place all picked out this fall. A little hike but worth it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back