Sovereignelite
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2012
- Messages
- 1,298
- Reaction score
- 455
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Bloomington Indiana
- Detector(s) used
- E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have several extra shafts and am trying to come to some final configuration. I will probably use the detecting buddy to reduce weight so maybe it doesn't matter. I guess the only thing I can figure that is more comfortable is the handle on the straight shaft, especially because it usually has a strap on it. BUT for those of us who use discriminate mode and have to flip the toggle for pinpointing(all metal), is it a hassle to reach behind your elbow continuously like one has to do with the straight shaft. Also with the straight shaft it seems more difficult to mount a meter so that it's comfortably visible. Why is the straight shaft so much better or preferred?! I know that is the last stock configuration for the soon to be discontinued GT... but still can't figure the real advantages other than the comfort of the handle.
....OK what about a Sun Ray pinpointer...where is the best placement on both/either style of shaft?








