Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what I'm looking for but I heard early this morning that a report was coming out saying the Dollar was getting stronger :downtown: I'm really confused now. Can someone enlighten me as why it's getting stronger. I believe from what I'm reading that it's the selling and declining value of silver, gold, oil and the like, is this true? Thanks for your input and please make your responses so that I can understand them as I'm a little dumb on this subject but willing to learn. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:-\ At THIS point, I am undecided; if you are a "meat & potato" investor, you can get a "steady" income from your investment; your money broker would know. If you are a "steak" investor, you "play the market"; you SHOULD "gain" & NOT "lose"... CAN be a WILD ride, tho. What happens is that OTHER ppl use YOUR investment money to "play the market"; the RECENT Recession... PFFFFTH! BETTER than a Depression! I personally do NOT see the American dollar as "strong"; the "value" of GOLD & SILVER appears to be high, etc. BUT! I would rather have MY $$$$$$$$ "work" for me, as I sleep; I did have a mutral fund... BUT! THEY charged ME $1.50 EACH time I took a little out for NECESSARY "personal use"... closed it out and will put $$$$$$$$$$ in a SAVINGS account, now; earn 3 % and NO
penalty for taking MY money out. PFFFFTH! Like the ad on TV, sezs.... "IT'S MY MONEY! AND, I NEED IT NOW!"
At 60 (years), I can take $$$$$$$ out of my BIG annuity, w/o penalty or taxes; I MAY do that this summer, and get a newer, smaller car for wife & I (BETTER MPG... going AMERICAN! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:). I think it depends on how old you are, your financial "goals", etc.; to be explored by YOUR "money broker". REMEMBER... it is YOUR $$$$$$$$$! You could PROBABLY "google"... WISDOM of "Money Investing", on the "puter"; I do. :wink: :hello2:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dollar's long term prospects are terrible. It is gaining only against other failing fiat currencies, not against real money (gold). Do not be impressed by a two week dollar rally; the dollar has been falling for 10 years.
There is and will be temporary strength in the dollar as QE2 comes to an end. Also, foreign currencies are in struggling, so the dollar will temporarily appear stronger. However, this will be a transitory situation as the fundamentals of the dollar are disastrous. Congress is showing no signs of changing its tune on deficit spending, and the Fed has shown every indication that it will continue to fund Congressional largesse when foreign creditors won't. Will foreign creditors be able to fill the breach when the Fed leaves the Treasury auction table? With today's historically low rates, I doubt foreign buyers will be tempted to buy that much debt. What this spells is major trouble for the dollar and QE3 will be inevitable, probably in 2012.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D So, M45, YOU can see individual objectives, and "concerns" based on a "community"/
Congress-related stuff. I am NOT personally concerned about CONGRESS, or the weak "world markets"; I DO know they affect me. HOWEVER, I am a "boomer", and have to be somewhat "selfish" for MY future. If YOU are 45, it is NEVER too late to start investing $$$$$$$$, when you have it; I didn't start, until I was 50 + with Merck stocks (from my dad, after he died in 2004; sold 'em and had money broker invest in an Annuity). If, YOU have "disposable" income... start investing, NOW; or at least, put it in SAVINGS. I will invest from Merck stocks (or keep 'em), my mother
leaves me; my older brother can have the "old home place". Since we "baby boomers" are getting older & crankier,
we will PROBABLY need meds, so I will keep Merck stocks, or invest in pharmaceutical "market", nursing homes/aging-related "markets"; YOUR money broker would know. I am in a rural area, and urban areas would have HUGE "gains".
Do "puter" R & I (Research & Investigation)... MONEY is NOT the "root" of evil; it is the LOVE of MONEY that is "evil"; be a compassionate capitalist! ;D :coffee2: Coffee? :icon_sunny: 8)

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
Hey Rebel do you get .3 or 3percent, just wondering, Im 62 and took my soc.sec.this year, stock market me nervous so I have 3 cds, 2 of them I roll over every 6 months and the 3rd one every month, also have a money market account and regular checking for direct deposits. The interests rates suck but I keep my principal moneys intact,dont own no gold or silver and I rent.I believe the dollar will stay with us and get stronger.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D Wife & I were told that Savings Account at our STELLA ONE bank would earn THREE percent; "google" STELLA ONE Savings Account on your "puter" for YOUR area. MAYBE, individual banks are different... :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread