What's new

Is this a petrafied baby elephant?

searcherman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Fisher F75 LTD Black
Found this last year in a creek with other rocks.I thought it was cool so I took it home.What do you think.It's solid rock.I couldn't find a date on it. :laughing7:Thanks for help and for looking
 

Attachments

  • DSC00227.webp
    DSC00227.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,122
  • DSC00228.webp
    DSC00228.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,112
  • DSC00229.webp
    DSC00229.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,110
......................or mortar!

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Light hearted humor on my side, as well! In seriousness, I did do some research and noticed some convincing similarities:
 

Attachments

  • dinoCompare3.webp
    dinoCompare3.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,664
Upvote 0
hey stop it . i like this post. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
You guys are awful! <snort... excuse me...> Searcherman, PLEASE don't go away, please! These guys are really very valuable in their research and opinions, and I just don't understand their .... their ... attitudes today. It isn't you or your find, believe me! Guys!!!??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :hello:

Please, Searcherman, give us another chance. It's been a stressful week here. Please don't abandon us. <GUYS! WTH??> Play nice!!

Gollum, forget that.... BLIND... help me here!
 
Upvote 0
I'll admit that the bottom photo does resemble a critter in the fetal position. If it would "abort the fetal position" maybe we could get a better idea of what it is. Sorry but, I vote rock.
 
Upvote 0
Simple way to put all this to rest.

Just do exactly like I advised and take it to either a paleontologist or natural history museum. It would take an expert about twenty seconds to tell you exactly what it is.

Why do you put such great stock in an internet forum? All we can do is give you our untrained opinions based on three small photographs.

Once you get an official ruling, THEN post the results!

Best-Mike
 
Upvote 0
It might be a Copralite, dinosaur crap. I'd get it looked at for sure.
 
Upvote 0
gollum said:
Simple way to put all this to rest.

Just do exactly like I advised and take it to either a paleontologist or natural history museum. It would take an expert about twenty seconds to tell you exactly what it is.

Why do you put such great stock in an internet forum? All we can do is give you our untrained opinions based on three small photographs.

Once you get an official ruling, THEN post the results!

Best-Mike

Good advice. I also advise second and third opinions as well. The bone fragment, in my post above, was called 'coral' by the head veterinarian of large animals at the Houston Zoo. A visiting curator to the Houston Museum of Natural Science collaberated with his colleagues and found that is actually a mammoth speciman in a mostly organic state.

One doctor can not fix ALL of your ails.....GL
 
Upvote 0
Im usuallay a sceptic
But if the pics are real - Im impressed
He needs to seek out the answer to this
Brady
 
Upvote 0
It looks like some stuff my father always called Marl, it comes in many shapes...many which shaped like clams and spirally looking conk shells..I really think it is fossilized clam innards.
 
Upvote 0
Coprolite = petrified dinosaur droppings.


(although I'm not so sure about the dinosaur part)
(OR the petrified part, for that matter!)
 
Upvote 0
Searcherman:

Were you able to get this thing professionally examined? Still anxious to know whether it's a dinosaur or block of cement. :happy11:
 
Upvote 0
Shame. This thread had Pixar film written all over it. >:(
 
Upvote 0
Finally proof that aliens once gave birth here on our planet. 8)
 
Upvote 0
I'm sorry but I haven't had A lot of time to get it looked at by a scientist. The pictures are real and as soon as I have some more time.If anybody knows were in western Kentucky could I get this checked out I would appreciate it.Thanks
 
Upvote 0
time is not important. i woud just like to know "someday".

sure hope you can find a place. i'm thinking university....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom