What's new

Is this a TOOL or just a rock

cowboy7450

Full Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
117
Reaction score
75
Golden Thread
0
Location
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this walking a creek bed in central Texas it is about 6 inches long. Differtly looks to be work but i am new at this. Thanks for any help Cowboy
rock 2.webprock 1.webprock 3.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like one of those what the heck tools to me. Yeah its worked. Nice find
 
thanks rock I did not know if they were trying to make a cutting tool or what lol
 
I just took a pic of one I found this year. I like them just don't know what the heck they were used for. I find a lot of them but just don't post them cause I don't know what they are.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11564.webp
    SDC11564.webp
    326.3 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC11565.webp
    SDC11565.webp
    357 KB · Views: 141
  • SDC11567.webp
    SDC11567.webp
    317.8 KB · Views: 119
  • SDC11568.webp
    SDC11568.webp
    368.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
yep the way mine was curved at the end i was thinking like a cutting tool for harvesting corn or maze
 
Multi purpose tool I would say.
 
It's just a rock. Accidental chipping caused by rolling around in the creek maybe. It does look like workable material, though. Is that type of rock common in the area? And are there any other identifiable artifacts, like arrowheads, pot sherds, etc. around there? I don't think they needed anything for harvesting corn, as you just pull it off the stalk.
 
Nothing say man altered or artifact to me on that piece cowboy. I can see why it stood out, just from the materials appearance.

IF your rock is anything rock, it is probably just a crude scraper.
 
Nothing say man altered or artifact to me on that piece cowboy. I can see why it stood out, just from the materials appearance.

IF your rock is anything rock, it is probably just a crude scraper.

I agree mine could be a scraper or even not finished by the way the cortex is on the one side. Cowboys in the last picture shows the same wavy flaking as mine does is the reason I gave the example.
 
Sorry, just a rock. RGinn is correct, I walked creeks for over 15 years, found so many of them......

Rock yours is the same, im seeing just a natural rock formed my mother nature... ..
 
I agree.. Natural
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom