What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this an Indian artifact?

MOGARDE

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
112
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not sure if this is an artifact, but it doesn't seem like just a natural rock and was different than all the other rock in the area.
Could it be a scraper or some other tool?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1880.webp
    IMG_1880.webp
    676.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1881.webp
    IMG_1881.webp
    855.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1882.webp
    IMG_1882.webp
    672.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1883.webp
    IMG_1883.webp
    719.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1884.webp
    IMG_1884.webp
    612.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1885.webp
    IMG_1885.webp
    657.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1886.webp
    IMG_1886.webp
    659.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1887.webp
    IMG_1887.webp
    668.2 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
Looks like a piece of flint. But not really worked much, gun flints have that square shape but too big for that,but could of been what they were trying too make
 
Thank you very much!
 
Scraper, expedient tool.
 
Awesome! Thank you!!
 
Yep a nice scraper
 
I'm sorry but I just don't see it being a scraper or any other tool. What am I missing?
 
You can definitely see flaking in pictures 3 and 4. I find a lot of Flake Tools that look just like one. Uniface and with at least one worked edge on them and sometimes some very fine edge work is done on these Tools.
 
I'm sorry but I just don't see it being a scraper or any other tool. What am I missing?

probably missing lots of cool utilized flakes and thumb scrapers, sometimes called end scrapers when you are hunting.

there is a lot of evidence of workmanship showing on that piece.
 
I believe it's an artifact. Maybe just a practice piece, but more likely a quick knapped tool used for what was going on at the time at that site then tossed aside.
 
I'm proud to pick up what they "tossed aside" Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom