• SDC11595.JPG
    SDC11595.JPG
    729.2 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC11596.JPG
    SDC11596.JPG
    756.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does look pecked and smoothed. Still drying on one side. Its a type of sandstone

Sandstone should rule out celt - to soft. I have some manos that were made out of sandstone. You have to wonder what their teeth looked like from eating all the sand from the grinder.

I say sandstone but it was a guess on the material. It is heavy so it could be greenstone to. I haven't found this type of material before but will be looking for more of it next time I am out there. If it is a Celt end I would think the other side would be easy to find? As soon as some of that cotton breaks down I will have another look in the area. Found it in a field and a small piece of pottery was in the same area.

Thanks for all of the help on this piece. Im guessing it is probably like finding a point missing the base. Just would be a guess. rock

Flat mano maybe

Last edited:
Flat mano maybe

I actually took it tonight to a artifact I.D. in my home town. The Archy said it looked to be a Divot/ Abrader stone. On one side that doesn't show well due to the material of the stone there is a Divot and also a deep line almost a grove used for sharpening tools with. So it is solved, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back