What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this anything?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my camera but didn't really find anything worth posting today. Scrapers and debitage mostly. I did find this and even though Im not sure if its anything its the best find of the day. Looks broken on the one end. Let me know if its a keeper or a chunker. Thanks, rock
Finally got my camera to work. Here is some dry pics of it.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11585.webp
    SDC11585.webp
    245.2 KB · Views: 124
  • SDC11593.webp
    SDC11593.webp
    357.9 KB · Views: 114
  • SDC11594.webp
    SDC11594.webp
    375.3 KB · Views: 124
  • SDC11595.webp
    SDC11595.webp
    335.2 KB · Views: 123
  • SDC11596.webp
    SDC11596.webp
    371.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does look pecked and smoothed. Still drying on one side. Its a type of sandstone
 
I'm looking on my phone screen. Could it be a small broken greenstone celt?
 
Sandstone should rule out celt - to soft. I have some manos that were made out of sandstone. You have to wonder what their teeth looked like from eating all the sand from the grinder.
 
I say sandstone but it was a guess on the material. It is heavy so it could be greenstone to. I haven't found this type of material before but will be looking for more of it next time I am out there. If it is a Celt end I would think the other side would be easy to find? As soon as some of that cotton breaks down I will have another look in the area. Found it in a field and a small piece of pottery was in the same area.
 
Thanks for all of the help on this piece. Im guessing it is probably like finding a point missing the base. Just would be a guess. rock
 
Flat mano maybe
 
Last edited:
Flat mano maybe

I actually took it tonight to a artifact I.D. in my home town. The Archy said it looked to be a Divot/ Abrader stone. On one side that doesn't show well due to the material of the stone there is a Divot and also a deep line almost a grove used for sharpening tools with. So it is solved, thanks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom