What's new

Is this the day

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still am not 100 percent on this one so I am needing opinions
 

Attachments

  • image-4188990821.webp
    image-4188990821.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image-3971217279.webp
    image-3971217279.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2536383060.webp
    image-2536383060.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3154115875.webp
    image-3154115875.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
that is sweet,that is paleo im thinking
 
P-A-L-E-O! Best guess is an unfluted Clovis.
 
Thanks so much guys and gals it took thousands of pieces and many years for this moment
 
No flute.. Meserve mabey.
 
I've looked at both and from what I've read those are very rare in tennessee but so are unfluted clovis points considering the fossil on one side and lots of thinning for a flute type area I am going with unfluted clovis . I believe that once they made it this far they weren't going to toss it because it wasn't a flutable piece
 

Attachments

  • image-2017381195.webp
    image-2017381195.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 110
  • image-784235462.webp
    image-784235462.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 96
I'm pretty sure that was alot longer at one time.
 
dude, use some lotion
 
Lotion ?
 
I got it and that was just bad
 
My hands sorry I work outside its that time of year
 
Super Nice Point! :icon_thumleft: I agree, certainly looks paleo. Also like that purple colored material, kind of looks like some material that I have found around here.

And yes, it looks like you need to attend to those calluses. Just a caring thought.
 
Wow!! I'm still waiting on mine, 3 fluted bases so far.
 
dang i was too busy looking at the point,no matter those hands were lucky to pick up that point and who needs girly hands anyway,thanks for sharing that painter.
 
the base seems a little odd,maybe it was broke and they reworked the tip into a point,i just like it sorry too keep comming back and checking it out
 
It certainly looks old
But in all of my reading and research I've never found any unfluted examples of a Clovis found in association with fluted examples in a controlled setting.
It seems to me it was a finished bi- face even sharpened several times.. Dalton related? Meserve?
I just couldn't call it a Clovis without a flute.. It's an outstanding point for sure.
I just want to post this Meserve for comparison.

ForumRunner_20131205_213809.webp



ForumRunner_20131205_213822.webp
 
Thanks for all the great comments and Jamey look as much as you want I'm totally stoked about this point ;)))) And these hands tell the story of my life..... I'm still not sold yet on the meserve but I understand where your position stands gator ....after all your much more experienced in this field than I ;))))
 
Super Nice Point! :icon_thumleft: I agree, certainly looks paleo. Also like that purple colored material, kind of looks like some material that I have found around here. And yes, it looks like you need to attend to those calluses. Just a caring thought.
Thanks digger I love the color myself where are you located ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom