Is this ww2 German Valve or Crane Steel valve?

danieldaniel91

Greenie
Nov 23, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought this and the guy said it was a rare 3rd Reich German bronze gas valve from Auschwitz. 100% authentic and told me the the A on the back meant it was from Auschwitz. It wasn't until after I Purchased it that I then did my research and found many forums saying these are an old Crane Steel valve that could be for a water heater manufactured in the USA in the 1900s. Can someone confirm exactly what this is? need answers. Thank you. Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 8.38.38 AM.png

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very unlikely in my opinion. I understood that gassing was by canisters of zyklon b ? So its unlikely that such a small valve was used for anything of that nature. The symbol was indeed originally that of divinity. I could well be wrong but I dont think its a nazi relic at all...if even German.

Chub

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

danieldaniel91

Greenie
Nov 23, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very unlikely in my opinion. I understood that gassing was by canisters of zyklon b ? So its unlikely that such a small valve was used for anything of that nature. The symbol was indeed originally that of divinity. I could well be wrong but I dont think its a nazi relic at all...if even German.

Chub

thank you

Upvote 0

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get it and why did you purchase it? Are you a collector of Nazi memorabilia??

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Appears to be American made. Buffam tool co, Crane valve co
You never know,IBM made the nazis a computer punch card system.It kept track of everything about the jewish people that had cards filled out for them.name,address,age,job,income,you name it,everything.

Upvote 0

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zyklon b wasn't a compressed gas to use with any type of valve,it was crystals.

Something like that,yes.

IT was a cyanide gas bound to some pellets (think of kitty litter). It was marketed as a pesticide, especially for delousing clothes, barracks, grain etc.. Came in airtight tin canisters.

The SS told the victims to strip and go to the shower room. Afterwards the door was closed and the stuff was thrown in from an opening in the top. No lines or gas cylinders involved in Auschwitz, though they did also experiment with exhaust fumes and carbon monoxide in cylinders elsewhere. Atleast so it was reconstructed.

Greets Namxar

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The crystals were dropped down a tube from the roof into a container of acid.I forget the type of acid,sulfuric,prussic.

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There were special trucks with the exhaust rerouted into the trucks cargo body.They stopped doing that because it was messy and the cleanup crews complained of severe headaches.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnr have wanted it if thats what it was or even supposed to be

Upvote 0

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
I've seen numerous types of swastika gas valves over the years at the scrap yard, the most common being the one with a serrated end for a heater hose. Your's is not as common, but I do get those from time to time. I don't know where they were made but they were readily used here in southern Texas.

Upvote 0

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know,IBM made the nazis a computer punch card system.It kept track of everything about the jewish people that had cards filled out for them.name,address,age,job,income,you name it,everything.

Well, IBM (under the name of TMC) was founded by the son of German Immigrants, a certain Mr. Hollerith. It was always strong in Germany.

A few "fun" facts:

The standard Wehrmacht Truck was the Opel Blitz, Opel was a GM subsidiary since I think 1929.

Ford Germany was not as sucessful, but also contributed to the German War effort with vehicles including gun tractors and heavy transports.

The Jackpot was however with the Coca-Cola company. The boys in Germany were resourceful! When they run out of the Cola Syrup during the war, they sat down and made a beverage from whatever was available during wartime. It wasnt much, though. Apple and other pomace, leftovers from beet sugar production etc.. However it tasted surprinsingly good if not to say "fantastic". So in 45 when contact was made again Atlanta found a thirving business and new product with a strong market share. I have seen Fanta around the world, but I think they somewhat souped up the formula from leftovers.

Greets namxat

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread