What's new

Is this ?

cpc988

Greenie
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Is this some sort of grinding stone ? The rock is smooth,with indentions that fit a thumb and finger.
 

Attachments

  • image-3400396254.webp
    image-3400396254.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2199292789.webp
    image-2199292789.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1465344840.webp
    image-1465344840.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 124
  • image-997664758.webp
    image-997664758.webp
    42 KB · Views: 124
  • image-226620562.webp
    image-226620562.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Wow!! This is an odd puppy. From one angle it looks like a geofact. The next angle a nutting stone, next angle a pestle, then a grooved maul. All I can say is I would have picked it up also. Good luck on finding out what you have.
 
First...was it found with other Native American artifacts?
Second .. from the photos I see only mother nature at work.
Its doesn't show any evidence that a human used a tool to create any of the shapes or marks on that stone. Best of luck though.
 
Last edited:
I would have picked this up too! Have no clue what it is though
 
Just a rock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom