What's new

Islamic coin?

Clad the Impaler

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
756
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone. This afternoon I found what I think is an Islamic coin. It was found in sand in a tot lot about 1 1/2 inches deep, so I don't think it's that old. If anyone can help with the country of origin, year, and denomination I'd greatly appreciate it. Pics of both the obverse and reverse are below. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 270.webp
    Picture 270.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 2,793
  • Picture 271.webp
    Picture 271.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 2,965
  • Picture 270.webp
    Picture 270.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 2,544
  • Picture 271.webp
    Picture 271.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 2,532
That "coin" has surfaced several times found by metal detectorists but nobody can put a positive ID on it. The only thing certain is that it is a token not a coin. Mark Parker I think was even baffled, if Im not mistaken. Its possibly from an old game.

It says 1721 on it. Sailing ships on the back. Im thinking its game also or majic token but nobody knows its origin.
 

Attachments

  • token unknown 1741coin.webp
    token unknown 1741coin.webp
    16 KB · Views: 972
  • token ruffled collar sailing ship.webp
    token ruffled collar sailing ship.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 3,837
  • token unknown 1741coin.webp
    token unknown 1741coin.webp
    16 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 1
bigcypresshunter said:
That "coin" has surfaced several times found by metal detectorists but nobody can put a positive ID on it. The only thing certain is that it is a token not a coin. Mark Parker I think was even baffled, if Im not mistaken. Its possibly from an old game.

It says 1721 on it. Sailing ships on the back. Im thinking its game also or majic token but nobody knows its origin.

Thanks bch....hopefully someone out there knows what it's from....(arcade, souvenir, game, etc.)
 
Upvote 0
I may be mistaken about the Mark Parker part. I think the only time he was ever stumped was on the Gojji stones. :D I thought I saw it there but maybe not. Ill have to search the old posts. Im surprised at the tot lot find because I thought it was older.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom