What's new

It takes all kinds!

RED THUNDER

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
308
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I opened up another bank account the other day and ordered 2 boxes of half dollars. Today I received a call from the bank manager saying that they would not be able to do that after all due to some other CRHer had bought coins a while back and promised to NOT return the rejects. Well the idiot shows up at another branch will a five gallon bucket full and as they say the rest is history. It is to bad that a$$holes like this ruin it for the rest of us. I have ran into this twice now. >:(

On a good note one of my boxes of half's produces 67 keepers 40% last night! ;D

Red Thunder
 
Upvote 0
I have had some huge problems with that myself,
One branch in particular every time I go in even though by now you would think the tellers know me. I hear the same sob story about some guy who did the same thing how they would order x amount of x coin and bring it in the next day minus a couple dollars etc and how it cost the bank so much money $50 a bag they claim, to send them back.
The damage done by this person is far reaching as they have burned bridges in a lot of banks locally,
I get sick of explaining that I am not that guy. that I take my excess and dump it on my bank that I do most of my business transactions though and they dont carry halves. The worst is having to explain this too the same tellers over and over again, its like they are robots with a pre conditioned response.
Ironically enough I have another bank that wants me to bring they back...crazy stuff.
 
I guess I found a really great place to dump rejects. I have dumped all my rejects at the same small credit union since I started just over 2 years ago. They have never had any problem with me bringing in $500-$2500 worth of halves in a week. I have also bought several bags and boxes of cents, nickels, and dime from them and when I tell them I'll take them somewhere else to dump them they always tell me to just bring them back there and they'll take them. They are all great people working there.
 
That bites RT. I am sorry to hear about this. It reminds me of that old saying about "the good having to suffer for the bad". Hopefully you can find another source to replace this bank.

BTW - Great boxes last night....congrats!!
 
I don't have this problem because I have a business account. They have never given me a problem ordering or returning. I took a box back yesterday and the teller was happy to see them because she said that another guy "collects" halves and she was going to let him know she had some for him. LOL- I told her that he was SOL if he was looking for silver because they have already been searched. She said she'd let him worry about that. I do live in an area that has dozens and dozens of banks within a 20 mile radius so maybe that helps with the returns too. Also, when I return a box it is always a full $500 box because I keep extras on hand to make up for the silver or whatever else I pull out of the rolls. At one of my order banks I had a teller a few weeks ago give me a couple silver quarters and 4 silver dimes she had in her tray. She said that she saves old coins for a guy but he hasn't been in for quite some time
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom