What's new

It use to be Pull Tabs

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It use to be the pull tabs that drove me nuts on the beach, but now it is reverting to bottlecaps. This past week, I hit OC, MD, and two DE beaches on my swing back from a cache hunt. I found the usual pocket full of clad plus a 1 Euro coin, What surprised me was the pocket full of bottle caps from beer bottles. Glass bottles are outlawed from the beach for obvious reasons. Are glass bottles coming back? Maybe sand is cheaper than bauxite! Frank
 
you not supose to have glass on the beach but i still get 3 times more bottlecaps than pulltabs >:(
 

Ah, yes, pulltabs.The bane of metal detectorists everywhere but a boon to craftpersons.

4.webp

4445528857_f6d91edc74_o.webp

escama-shoulder-bag.webp

pull_tab_jewelry.webp


I remember as a kid, certain "pulltabs" that worked in vending machines as a dime...most assuredly in parking meters...(1960's)

I also remember the ones that you could "sail" across the room like a mini Frisbee...

Alas, I digress in a fit of melancholy...

Best,
Scott​
 
AU24K, the pull ring worked as a dime in parking meters! Try this one, a Mexican 5 centavos coin works as a quarter in vending machines. Brought a roll back from Mexico in the 60's. It's OK it's over 20 years ago. Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom