its big,its heavy but is it real?

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, i was messing around with the my old metal detector the other day and came across what seem to be a meteorite with all the test and reserch ive done. Im new at this and wanted to know what everyone on this site thought.

Attachments

• 20160413_012954.jpg
    20160413_012954.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 20160413_013048.jpg
    20160413_013048.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its heavy im not a a weak guy and i cant carry it more than 50'.it also makes a little grey streak to no streak at all.when I put it up to a metal detector the outside of it goes quiet which means it's iron in the middle gets really loud which means it metals like nickel or gold silver things like that.how to get to the second story of my house and dropped it and nothing came out of it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry I meant to say I dropped it from the Second Story of my house and nothing that came off of it didn't crack nothing

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure what other specifics you need but whatever you need just let me know like I said I'm new at this

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm clueless to what you have. It be great if you'd take a better picture of it like maybe of it out on a picnic table or the driveway by itself in the daylight. Give some dimensions also?

Upvote 0

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
You dropped it from the second story? If it does turn out to be a valuable find, I hope it wasn't damaged...

Upvote 0

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find it in the bottom of a hole the size of a baseball field? If so probably a Meteorite.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if it is really a meteorite I could drop you from the second story and it shouldn't hurt it at all. otherwise it's just a hunk of metal and I don't really want it anywayslb

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been very excited about this and I've done a lot of research and come across such a website already. I have done all those tests except for the nickel test and my meteorite or rock or whatever it might be Im just not 100 percent zure yet.anyways it has passed everything test zo far. I'll put it this way i havent found anything or anyone that says its not a mereorite. I think i might of really found a meteorite and one thats voing to attract a lot of attention, which is why i haven't taken it anywhere just yet. Not sure if i want that kind of attention right now I just wanted to get some more opinions and see what somebody who has more experience in this field Can Tell Me. Im thankful for any info you can provide for me and i will take some better pic and whatever else you may need. Thanks again guys

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no I didn't find it in the hole the size of a baseball field. I found it in my backyard and I think it got there by the original owner of the house who built this place brought it in when you brought rocks and dirt and stuff like that there's a lot of rocks around my place they are from West Texas I think it's meteorite that they find out there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no I didn't find it in the hole the size of a baseball field. I found it in my backyard and I think it got there by the original owner of the house who built this place brought it in when you brought rocks and dirt and stuff like that there's a lot of rocks around my place they are from West Texas I think it's meteorite that they find out there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's a video of a meteorite that looks really similar to mineMinemine mine slide has the same spot at the same color it's just a lot bigger aboutot has the same spot as the same color it's just a lot bigger about four times asthere's a video of a meteorite that looks really similar to mine mine slot has the same spot as the same color it's just a lot bigger about four times as big

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's a video of a meteorite that looks almost identical to whatever I have except mine is 4 times bigger. Its not letting me post the link so go-to youtube and look up meteorite found inMissouri

Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Pappy always said "conjecture is useless". The only way to know for sure is to take it to a place that specializes in meteorite identification and have real experts examine it. All anybody here can do is guess since we only have a photo to go by. Don't forget that if the video is not by an expert it could well be by somebody who just thinks or has been told by other non-experts that it is a meteorite. Most meteorites are of a dark metallic composition and yours does not look like it falls into that category.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry My phone is acting up and doing weird stuff. So my post are coming out in doubles and all and scrambled. Sorry guys

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

whoami

Greenie
Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its whethered and has alot of rust on it but my metal detector is doing things Ive never seen like reading both kinds og metals on in one rock the outside edge reads iron and the middle reads nicklenickle. Its weird. Oh and the video was a news report

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread