Jacob Waltz the "Killer"??

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
Re: Jacob Waltz the "Killer"??

I could be wrong but this is my understanding of "Waltz the Killer". All of the people that he was supposed to have killed came from his own confessions in the Holmes manuscript correct? To me most of that manuscript could have been written by Walter Noble Burns or Stewart Lake, it is just to "colorful". Here are just a couple of thing that do not make sence to me.
1. The incident of Holmes following Waltz into the mountains and being caught.
Page 38, conversation between Holmes and Mcfall.
"Jake Waltz has left", Mcfall answered. " gone about an hour" "which direction did he go?" Southeast toward the river". (To me this implies that he started out above Phoneix)
Page 39, The first night after the departure from Phoenix ,Waltz camped on the Verde River about two miles north of the place where Granite Reef diversion dam now stands.

This is still heading southeast and a good distance from the the Salt river and it wasn't until the next day that Waltz crossed onto the south side of the Salt river. The whole description makes it sould like Waltz did not leave from Phoneix but from some place much further north and followed the Verde river down to the Salt but the story "implies" that that Waltz left from Phoenix.

2. Waltz describes the killing of the Mexicans Page 53. "I watched them closely. One of them went up to the mine to put some tools away as they were ready to break camp and go to Ft McDowell".
Why would the three Mexican miners want to travel north all the way up to Ft McDowell?
Page 54, after he killed the miners he describes " I buried the bodies close to their camp,then took their outfit and went on to Ft Mcdowell. I stayed there a few days and then came down to Phoneix"
If you look on a map Ft McDowell is quite a ways north of Phoneix, does this sound like the mine really is on the north side of the Salt river? if not then it sure is a lot of out of the way traveling.
His descriptions all seem to be coming and going from the north, crossing the salt river and going down into Phoneix from the north.
Page 58, Waltz says "my last few trips were made by way of the Salt river, traveling up to Monroy's
ranch and taking one o the old government trails which crossed the river at that point and the following into the Superstitions".
Now once he is dead Julia and Rhiney head straight east?.

Anyway
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread