JESSE JAMES AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE A JOINT VENTURE

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Truth is only a current narrative that many people accept, but truth always changes with the passage of time. We establish all our truths by faith alone, since we can’t verify past events. We can’t even be too sure about our own personal past experiences, as the stories seem to keep changing. “History” and “documentation”? Phhht! They can be/always are jimmied. Science and experts support the current narratives, sure, but science changes and experts’ opinions are always paradoxical.

JJ’s autograph? Sure, why not?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I respectfully disagree. The thing about authenticating documents and photographs is that they either Are authentic, or they are NOT. The stories made up around them mean very little unless they relate to actual Provenance, not speculation.

Conspiracy stories claiming documents or photographs as Proof of the conspiracy must meet authentication and provenance standards to be declared Authentic. Simple hearsay that there was a conspiracy behind them in the first place is not considered Provenance. It's merely Hearsay, or at best a theory. Same goes for claims that a document or photograph is a "BS story". Especially when trying to assert that a document is not authentic and was merely a "made up story" in order to bolster a promulgated conspiracy theory. The fact that this document, or letter, WAS AUTHENTICATED by the world's top authority puts the kibosh to that assertion.

Using poor documentation that CAN BE AUTHENTICATED AS SUCH, as a basis for a conspiracy theory, is a very slippery slope. It will eventually come back to haunt the unwary. Before one 'grasps at straws' to validate their theories, they should first make sure the 'straws' have merit. It is easy for our own biases to blind us to the cold hard Facts. Ask John, he knows all about wanting to believe something so badly that you let your instincts be taken over by it.

Early in John's career he made the mistake of unknowingly befriending a very accomplished con-artist. This con was named Lex Cusack.

In the 1990s, John Reznikoff stumbled upon what he thought was the missing link: Official documents finally connecting Marilyn Monroe and President John F. Kennedy, confirming that there was in fact an illicit relationship between them. The documents were the property of Lex Cusack, and were worth millions. They would change history as we knew it. The problem was the documents were forged…fakes, exposed by ABC news.

Here's the story in his own words.

THE KENNEDY-MONROE PAPERS

It was a devastating blow to John, and one that could have destroyed his career. Instead, John's humility in admitting his mistake, taking ownership and using the incident as an impetus to better his methods and those of the industry in order to prevent such happening again, all made him a model for others to follow. Through his efforts he regained the trust of those in the industry and the organizations that use them. Today he is considered the top authority in the world on famous signatures.

There is a lesson here for those willing to learn from his example.

yOwco9ym.jpg

Great Posts Kentuck!

That really showed a lot of character for Mr. Reznikoff to admit his mistake, his word and career were on the line, not to mention the high profile topic. WOW.

I admire that in everyone and try to live my own life that way, my folks instilled in me that it's never a sign of weakness to say 'I'm Sorry' or I Was Wrong' and to give credit where credit is due. The less popular lesson they gave me to live by popularized by a song was to 'Stand for Something or Fall For Anything'. Sometimes that doesn't always win friends at first, but I've found I gain more in the long run, just as they said I would.

Thanks for your posts on the letters and J.R.! I know the farm/trust go to great lengths to validate or invalidate everything that comes to their attention...and that's a lot of stuff they have to go through.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Truth is only a current narrative that many people accept, but truth always changes with the passage of time. We establish all our truths by faith alone, since we can’t verify past events. We can’t even be too sure about our own personal past experiences, as the stories seem to keep changing. “History” and “documentation”? Phhht! They can be/always are jimmied. Science and experts support the current narratives, sure, but science changes and experts’ opinions are always paradoxical.

That photo with the supposed JWJ autograph was out of Nashville... JWJ and AFJ didn't go by their names there which to me would make it suspect right off.

In 1874 the exact same 'Wedding Photo' of JWJ was taken in Nebraska.

Strange.

Hope all is well Steve.

Kace

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other

Reality doesn't change, friend. Only our acceptance of it.

Your post a perfect example.

While the post itself is proof of its existence, there are those in our midst who would doubt YOU made it. Though "Science and experts" have developed definate ways to authenticate this and prove you actually exist and made the post - there will always be someone who doubts it, because it doesn't fit 'their narrative'. They can't accept it.

Hell, for that matter you could be Me, using an alias; a figment of my imagination created in a devious plot to raise the level of debate and allow me to easily prove my points. 8-)

DO You really exist, sdcfia? Did Ye make this post? Or are ye just some pawn in a "BS story"?

You seem to have some doubts yerself. :laughing7:

Of course neither one of us rate too highly in the public interest, and aren't likely to draw much attention. But if we were Famous Characters, like JJ fer instance, the odds of stirring the public curiosity increase a hundredfold. As does the opportunity to gain attention and make a buck off promoting the idea. Real or imagined.

So ARE you me, Steve??

:coffee2:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Posts Kentuck!

That really showed a lot of character for Mr. Reznikoff to admit his mistake, his word and career were on the line, not to mention the high profile topic. WOW.

I admire that in everyone and try to live my own life that way, my folks instilled in me that it's never a sign of weakness to say 'I'm Sorry' or I Was Wrong' and to give credit where credit is due. The less popular lesson they gave me to live by popularized by a song was to 'Stand for Something or Fall For Anything'. Sometimes that doesn't always win friends at first, but I've found I gain more in the long run, just as they said I would.

Thanks for your posts on the letters and J.R.! I know the farm/trust go to great lengths to validate or invalidate everything that comes to their attention...and that's a lot of stuff they have to go through.

Kace

Indeed it did, Kace. Something we don't see much of these days, but which I recognized in you right away. You have my deepest admiration as well.

And by the by, John has an amazing collection of Roosevelt documents and photos. It was amazing to see. :icon_thumright:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Reality doesn't change, friend. Only our acceptance of it.

Your post a perfect example.

While the post itself is proof of its existence, there are those in our midst who would doubt YOU made it. Though "Science and experts" have developed definate ways to authenticate this and prove you actually exist and made the post - there will always be someone who doubts it, because it doesn't fit 'their narrative'. They can't accept it.

Hell, for that matter you could be Me, using an alias; a figment of my imagination created in a devious plot to raise the level of debate and allow me to easily prove my points. 8-)

DO You really exist, sdcfia? Did Ye make this post? Or are ye just some pawn in a "BS story"?

You seem to have some doubts yerself. :laughing7:

Of course neither one of us rate too highly in the public interest, and aren't likely to draw much attention. But if we were Famous Characters, like JJ fer instance, the odds of stirring the public curiosity increase a hundredfold. As does the opportunity to gain attention and make a buck off promoting the idea. Real or imagined.

So ARE you me, Steve??

:coffee2:

Only you know for certain who you are, OK. Take a red pill and ask yourself in the morning.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
sdcfia said:
We establish all our truths by faith alone

Cause

sdcfia said:
truth always changes with the passage of time

Effect

sdcfia said:
We can't even be sure of our own personal past experiences

Result

Reckon I'd have to question the efficacy of your "Pills". Have you tried some good 'ol Kentucky Bourbon?

I hear JJ was quite fond of it. Course, that could be just a made up story. :wink:

:occasion14:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Impossible. In my imagination I'm quite a handsome feller.

But that could be the Bourbon talkin'. :laughing7:

Pull up a chair and I'll pour ye a glass. You know, they say talking to yerself ain't what you need to worry about, it's when you answer yerself that you got problems. I reckon we're safe then. :notworthy:

To Jesse. :occasion14:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Impossible. In my imagination I'm quite a handsome feller.

But that could be the Bourbon talkin'. :laughing7:

Pull up a chair and I'll pour ye a glass. You know, they say talking to yerself ain't what you need to worry about, it's when you answer yerself that you got problems. I reckon we're safe then. :notworthy:

To Jesse. :occasion14:
LOL!

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Reckon I'd have to question the efficacy of your "Pills". Have you tried some good 'ol Kentucky Bourbon?

I hear JJ was quite fond of it. Course, that could be just a made up story. :wink:

What? Are you effecting an effacement of the efficiency of my efficacy? Why, that's downright counter-effusive of you. Must be the whiskey talkin'.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I might get three sheets to the wind on a rare occasion, but I ain't never that "eff'd" up.

:notworthy: :laughing7:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Kentuck, I got a Masters in sour mash back in the 70's but it never effected me like that. However, I once was at a Super Bowl party where I portook of a large volume of homemade wine that had a similar effect on me. I told those with me they should get a patent on the wine as a solution to the drug problem in our country cause it was more like a drug than booze. Good luck.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Kentuck, I got a Masters in sour mash back in the 70's but it never effected me like that. However, I once was at a Super Bowl party where I portook of a large volume of homemade wine that had a similar effect on me. I told those with me they should get a patent on the wine as a solution to the drug problem in our country cause it was more like a drug than booze. Good luck.

Maybe they added a little something to fortify that wine. [Wink ... jab]

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other

I knew a feller once who lived down in the mountains on the Tennessee/ North Carolina border, on the reservation. Used to get those tribal commodities. He always traded around with the others for all their canned commodity grape juice, pure sugar he said. Made some of the strongest wine I ever tasted out of it. Sold it back to the caucasians on the sly and made a mint.

I always wondered if he added some Jimsonweed to it or something, had some really vivid dreams the one and only time I tried it. Heard he gave them moonshiners down there some stiff competition.

Told me his great grandpap used to do some horse tradin' with Jesse. Never could figure out if he was yanking my chain or not.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Usta be a guy just south of here that bought "Georgia Moon" by the case. Clear 80 proof. He'd get a washtub and soak off the label and tax stamp then load it up and drive to Fort Riley,Kansas on pay day and sell it out of the trunk of his car to the G.I.'s and pass it off as moonshine. It was pretty smooth stuff. I don't know how many laws he broke doin this but made quite a bit off of it. Good luck.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Usta be a guy just south of here that bought "Georgia Moon" by the case. Clear 80 proof. He'd get a washtub and soak off the label and tax stamp then load it up and drive to Fort Riley,Kansas on pay day and sell it out of the trunk of his car to the G.I.'s and pass it off as moonshine. It was pretty smooth stuff. I don't know how many laws he broke doin this but made quite a bit off of it. Good luck.

:laughing7: Lots of enterprising folk in our parts of the country, reckon it goes to show that guerrilla tactics didn't die - jest developed a sense of humor. :thumbsup:

:occasion14:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Yea, I should have added that Georgia Moon came in fruit jars. The guy should have been caught as the bottom of the jar had 750 ml. on it. No self respecting moonshiner would have had anything less than a quart. Good luck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Thread is Too Long to Look through, I'm not adding the Contact Info But first Hit Searching

Jesse James KGC on News Papers

000bbk.jpg

Investments
000aak.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread