What's new

John Prine died yesterday

davest

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
3,320
Reaction score
1,289
Golden Thread
0
Location
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and no matter what, his music touched your lives in more ways than you'll ever know.

You might want to put his name into your search engine and give him a listen.

Good Night ya'll.
 
Be a long time before we get another Prine!
 
First time I heard of him was his death notice.
Name me a couple songs I’ve heard
 
Illegal Smile, Grandpa was a Carpenter, Paradise... Just get Prime Prine and give it a listen... he was a national treasure.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Didn’t know you from Indiana Kantuck me too
 
Sad to hear. I always thought he penned what must be the best opening line for any country song ever...

"Back before I was a movie star
Straight off of the farm
I had a picture of another man's wife
Tattooed on my arm"

[Crazy as a Loon]
 
Didn’t know you from Indiana Kantuck me too

I'm a flat-footed Hoosier now, although my roots are a little south. My family is from across the big river in the knobs region of Kan-tuck-kee, where I lived for about 20 years in various places. I actually saw you play at Commonwealth Stadium when you were a Volunteer and I was a student at UK. It was a shoot-out with Tim Couch until the second half. For my work, I traveled all over Kentucky from beyond Land Between the Lakes to Martin County, and everywhere in between, including Muhlenberg County, which John Prine wrote about in "Paradise". You should listen to that one...



Some of my family settled here in Indiana too, but they didn't migrate more than a few miles north of the big river though. My wife's family didn't venture out like mine, so most of her family is nearby. When we decided to settle down and raise some young-uns, we figured that Indiana would be best because we'd be close to both sides of our family.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 


Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
"There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes" is one verse I can remember, I don't know the name of the song though.
 
"There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes" is one verse I can remember, I don't know the name of the song though.

That one's from Sam Stone.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Hello in there...
 
John and many different female artists did the song "In spite of ourselves" There are a couple with Iris Dement . I'm giving links to early and late version. John was wracked by 2 bouts of cancer before getting hit with this. You can really see how he changed thru the years. I was hoping he would whip this too!


 
John left all his music out in the public domain. If you're a picker, a strummer, a piano playing mandolin maestro, or a bass player or just someone that makes sounds with instruments, it's out there.

try John Prine Shrine., all the albums, all the chords, all the lyrics.

He was a great writer, He was a good man.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom