What's new

just an ole chopper....

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
found this chopper diggin last week...tons of debitage in this spot, tons of scrapers...


DSCF0176.webpDSCF0175.webp
 
Upvote 0
SOHIO, the piece you found is similar to some that I have found. I always thought that they were used as spades or hoes. I never thought that they were coppers, until now. Do you think they could have been used as spades to a degree, with their main function being chopping through roots? What do you think they chopped with these?
 
Nice pile of Flint behind it there.
 
Looks like a garden full of flint. Chop chop. :thumbsup:
 
NC ...these "choppers" more so...hand axes were probably not hafted but I imagine a small percent of them could very well have been hafted but unless a pc shows actual hafting areas then...at least in the hand axe category they are just that hand axes and evrything else about the pc speculation.
 
Looks like a garden full of flint. Chop chop. :thumbsup:

yeah the amount of flint coming out of this place is a trip nothing killer lately though
 
SOHIO said:
NC ...these "choppers" more so...hand axes were probably not hafted but I imagine a small percent of them could very well have been hafted but unless a pc shows actual hafting areas then...at least in the hand axe category they are just that hand axes and evrything else about the pc speculation.

I just thought a hand axe would better symmetry on the bit. The bit on your piece is not centered at all. I suppose different angles of chopping could call for an off set bit. Nice post!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom