Just Bought (real cheap) Minelab Eureka Gold.......... Help

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, been wanting a gold detector for a while - was pretty much going to get a Gold Bug Pro (when I got the money together) ------- and then............. along came a bargain.......... 2 years old - never been used Eureka............... I was caught at a weak moment - it was way less than half new price - it's in "as new" condition. A cupboard detector.

Well, I was offered it - I had to make up my mind quickly, ??? So I bought it, I thought........ I can use it for the summer - if I don't get on with it........ Sell it, should be easy to get my money back :icon_sunny:

I know it's no competition to minelabs PI machines, but it didn't cost anywhere near that sort of money.

Is this detector just no good? I don't mind spending the time to learn quirks, but would like to think it will work ok for me. It has some good features, and on paper it should be a pretty good machine - BUT?

So I've read the threads, mostly I've seen negative comments, but has anyone out there used one in the field, nugget hunting - really got to know it - and can pass on some tips?

Upvote 0

kurvinipuh

May 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that this should surface after a year, as I just a month back sold the Eureka for a nice little profit - and then got a very good deal on the (used) Gold Bug Pro that I wanted in the first place. I got both coils and a Garrett Pro pointer (might find a use for it?) included. Still left enough cash to buy the TDK wireless headphones as recommended by 63Backpacker.
So I have ended up with the unit I wanted just in time for the winter :-( . The least said about my counter productive summer the better - I should have gone gold mining lol.
The Eureka never really appealed, as I couldn't get used to the warbly noises and it just did not quite suit me.
Have not had a chance to more than air test the GB pro yet but I prefer the stable threshold and the zit - zit noise of a detected target. Never had a screen on a detector before though, and this could make relic hunting a hole lot more productive.
Later Nuggy

RUSSIA GOLD KLADTV.RU

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions