nuggy
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Aug 22, 2010
- Messages
- 460
- Reaction score
- 62
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, been wanting a gold detector for a while - was pretty much going to get a Gold Bug Pro (when I got the money together) ------- and then............. along came a bargain.......... 2 years old - never been used Eureka............... I was caught at a weak moment - it was way less than half new price - it's in "as new" condition. A cupboard detector.
Well, I was offered it - I had to make up my mind quickly,
So I bought it, I thought........ I can use it for the summer - if I don't get on with it........ Sell it, should be easy to get my money back 
I know it's no competition to minelabs PI machines, but it didn't cost anywhere near that sort of money.
Is this detector just no good? I don't mind spending the time to learn quirks, but would like to think it will work ok for me. It has some good features, and on paper it should be a pretty good machine - BUT?
So I've read the threads, mostly I've seen negative comments, but has anyone out there used one in the field, nugget hunting - really got to know it - and can pass on some tips?
Well, I was offered it - I had to make up my mind quickly,
So I bought it, I thought........ I can use it for the summer - if I don't get on with it........ Sell it, should be easy to get my money back I know it's no competition to minelabs PI machines, but it didn't cost anywhere near that sort of money.
Is this detector just no good? I don't mind spending the time to learn quirks, but would like to think it will work ok for me. It has some good features, and on paper it should be a pretty good machine - BUT?
So I've read the threads, mostly I've seen negative comments, but has anyone out there used one in the field, nugget hunting - really got to know it - and can pass on some tips?
Upvote
0

ha ha it's getting bigger alright. Am taking some days off to get out gold chasing, it's our summer now and while today and tomorrow are full Sunday on gives me some days to play. Have a great 2011









