What's new

Just catching up (again)

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
OK, I hunted one day without Mastereagle 22 and had a pretty good day! This hunt was a few weeks ago. I started out at this really trashy place with Mastereagle22 and then his mom called him home. ;) I went on and hunted this house that we have hit several times before. I found most of this stuff on the side of a retaining wall. It is hard to get too...but worth the trouble. Check out what I found.


100_4047.webp

Anyone ever seen a nail like that one? What is the flat piece with the three holes all the way through it? The outside has no detail, just solid with those 3 holes running through it.

100_4049.webp

What is that wierd rusty piece at the top of this picture? Anyone recognize it?

100_4050.webp

I had a super day!! Check it out.

100_4051.webp


Two Indians! One is 1898!!

100_4056.webp

Don't know if you can read the date on this, but it is 1879!!!!!
100_4063.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great Indian Head!
 
Nice injuns!!

I think that nail with the flat end is actually a keeper pin that holds on older brake shoes.

I like that tape measure.

HH

sparkymaster
 
WOW...I LIKE them Indian Heads! ........ Pre-1900 too. Double WOW!
 
yup definitely a brake spring keeper. and the flat one with the holes running through it is more than likely a group connector from the wiring harness of a a car. I have similar ones in my '69 Beetle, just square instead of round holes
 
Nice!! Yep, you guys "nailed" the nail (pun intended) :) :)

Thank you for sharing.


Stryker
 
kg6yll said:
Great Indian Head!
sparkymaster said:
Nice injuns!!

I think that nail with the flat end is actually a keeper pin that holds on older brake shoes.

I like that tape measure.

HH

sparkymaster

DrJoePrime said:
WOW...I LIKE them Indian Heads! ........ Pre-1900 too. Double WOW!

kg6yll,
Thanks! I was super 'stoked' to find them.

sparkymaster,
Wow! Thanks for ID on the nail. I had no idea. By the way...that is not a tape measure, but rather a compact or pill box lid.

DrJoePrime,
Thanks! Two pre-1900's in one hunt! I was on a cloud after that!!

100_4054.webp

100_4055.webp
 
madcow_number_6 said:
yup definitely a brake spring keeper. and the flat one with the holes running through it is more than likely a group connector from the wiring harness of a a car. I have similar ones in my '69 Beetle, just square instead of round holes

stryker-one said:
Nice!! Yep, you guys "nailed" the nail (pun intended) :) :)

Thank you for sharing.


Stryker

warsawdaddy said:
Nice finds,BB.Like the way you show all trash and treasure.

madcow,
Thanks for the ID on the two pieces. Not knowing what some of that stuff is, drives me crazy. :P

stryker,
I'll pardon your pun this time... ;) Just kidding. Glad you enjoyed the post.

warsawdaddy,
What trash? :-[ ;) :-X :) :D ;D
 
Great Indianhead
 
No he went without me so I couldn't find any of his stuff......
 
Nice Injuns! Any identification on the bottom of that pumper truck?
 
Always love to see those IH,s surface. Nice.
 
Love Injuns we seldom find them here. Congrats and looking forward to meeting you guys at the Bayou Hunt.
 
Good finds BB!

Nat
 
Nice job on the Indian Heads. They look in decent shape even though the '79 one is a little worn. That's a little better of a date too. Always nice to find IH's and in the 1800's too. ;D ;D

Bob
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom