What's new

Just found a GW tag.

White Shaddow

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I've been throwing stuff in this deck for over 30 year.I've been metal detecting for around 15 years or so.I was just digging around in the draws and came across this.I did thing I've seen one like it.I could use some help on this find.I just found it in the draw about a 1/2 hour ago.Any help is big help.I can't beleave it. Back is blank.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00273.webp
    DSC00273.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 275

Attachments

  • GW tag.webp
    GW tag.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 0
I'm not seeing anything on this side...
 
Upvote 0
It looks like someone took a large button from the 1790 era and inscribed the GW on it. I don't think it was a coin, sure looks larger than most colonials, so that is the reason I say button. It is a very nice piece of history in my opinion, I like handcrafter antiques that represent something so perhaps there is a collector out there who would be interested. I suggest your contact someone that has knowledge in medals (collector types) and go from there.

By the patina, I do think it was done back in the time frame the relic was used either as a coin,button or token before the modification.

Don

You can try and see if you get a reply from this fellow, if you do, I am sure he will give an honest answer. jkamericana@gmail.com (His first name is John)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom