Just given a Lobo Super Trac

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lucky guy.................Keep us posted on how it does....

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get ready to dig elbow deep for targets...that machine will pick up the ear ring on an ant!
I've had mine for almost 10 years and it amazes me as to how small a target this thing will beep on.
I also got the last sniper coil Tesoro made for this machine...that's my 'small target' go-to-coil.
Bob

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold to you!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I am curious on your opinion of it... Keep us posted...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, someone must really like you to give you a great detector like that!

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one for years but finally sold it and bought a Quattro. It was a GREAT machine but is a dedicated gold detector. All the comments above are true. It will find the smallest bit of gold WAAAYY down, but it will also find the smallest bit of screen wire, aluminum, tacks, etc. In trashy places it will drive you NUTS, but out in the wilds away from civilization it is a gem! Be prepared to dig every bit of birdshot anyone ever fired out in the hinterland. I once was way out in the desert miles from anywhere, got a signal, dug down about eight inches and found a piece of screen wire about 1/3 inch long. Another time I got a rather weak signal, dug a fairly deep hole constantly checking my nugget scoop. Finally got it in my scoop but couldn't find the darn thing. It turned out to be just about the smallest piece of gold that could be legitimately called a nugget. Point is, you have to dig all signals with this machine, so forget the parks. It's just way too sensitive. But if you're hunting raw gold, it's about the best VLF out there.

OP
OP
L

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just way too sensitive. But if you're hunting raw gold, it's about the best VLF out there.

I've been pretty much aware of the LST's pluses and minuses for years, but this is my first opportunity to play with one (as soon as the weather improves). I printed off the manual from the Tesoro Web site and discovered that 2 nine volt batteries had been substituted for the AA battery paks. I called Tesoro and talked to Rusty who warned me that the extra voltage could burn out the voltage regulator. I had the proper battery paks sent, installed new AAs and it seems to work fine so I lucked out there. I'm within reasonable driving distance of areas where gold has been found so I'm looking forward to giving it a good work out this spring.
luvsdux

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it doesn't work for you, I would be happy to drive across Wa state to pick it up and give it a try! After all you wouldn't be out anything and I would let you know how it worked out for me! No really, I could use a friend who would give me a Lobo! :laughing7:

OP
OP
L

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Appreciate the offer, Hot Zone. If it doesn't work out, I'll contact you.
luvsdux

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you just got the best all around machine made period..I've had everything and my lobo s.t is still after all these years still my go to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions