What's new

Just imagine this.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
3,083
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
What would all our silver stacks be if: all the 1965-1969 dimes & quarters were also made of 40% silver, just like the Kennedy halves.
Your ideas & comments.
Would we be ALL RICH, or would the CRH hobby be non-existent.
 
Upvote 0
Not much different than it is now I suspect. Silver quarters would still be pretty much nonexistent, as they would get picked up circulation extremely quickly. Probably be more silver dimes, as for many people even if they knew about it they wouldn’t consider it worth her time. Overall, I don’t think it would have made a huge impact had it occurred.
 
Not much different than it is now I suspect. Silver quarters would still be pretty much nonexistent, as they would get picked up circulation extremely quickly. Probably be more silver dimes, as for many people even if they knew about it they wouldn’t consider it worth her time. Overall, I don’t think it would have made a huge impact had it occurred.

I agree not much different. In my opinion, the main reason 40% halves still "circulate" in the numbers they do is because they really don't circulate much. Quarters and dimes on the other hand get exchanged frequently and the more hands coins touch, the more likely they are to be pulled especially if they have value and are easily identifiable.
 
Get rich quick scheme? I just read that the ROI on silver since 1974 is close to zero percent. But I agree with Gman, few in number because of circulation.

Oops! Unless you get your silver for free, of course.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom