What's new

Just noticing...

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't really say I'm a veteran at CRHing and I am not really doing as hard as I was in a few months ago. But where has everybody gone? Yes there are still a few (hard)core hunters out there posting. But seems like people do this cause it's flashy or sexy. Well I'm busy packing my house for a move across the county. I still hit banks when I can. I even have a 2.5 day road trip into rural county coming up next month.

Just missing everybody and their big hits.
 
Upvote 0
Too busy...Don't even have time to detect until summer. Plus I need to get outside this summer.
 
Hey Pdiddy, I am still posting but I have been busy as of late. I have not posted my daily finds because of this very reason. I will say that when I score big I post. Last weeks finds were miniscule so I did not post pics or anything. This week will be better so I may have to post my pics. I am not going anywhere. I know that mojo, scalper, and Goes4ever will be in it for the long haul as well. If I missed some of you old vets it is not because there is no love for ya. Just writing in a hurry. Happy hunting to you all.

Golden Silver
 
I have cut down on my daily posts, but when I find something I get excited about I'll share.

I decided to just post monthly totals this year. And of course exciting finds anytime I get excited about stuff.

I really like seeing all the pictures of peoples finds and try to hold up my end on in the photo department.

I am really "diggin" this hobby. No offence to the detectorist. LOL

Mojo
 
I am not hitting it as hard because I am detecting a LOT more now the weather is nice. When it is nasty out I do a lot more road trips etc.........now if I do a road trip it is looking for a place to dig...lol

But as long as I keep finding keepers I will continue to order boxes every week year round
 
I'm more of a lurker now, I quit months ago, as of late I can't even walk into my own bank and ask for halves, I just get a sick feeling inside. It really is a sickness, you know..... Might get back into dimes this winter. Good luck all, FFD
 
Still searching 6-7 boxes of halves a week plus an occasional box of dimes and loose rols but the better boxes have eluded me the last couple of months. Still finding some decent stuff but unless it's outstanding or unusual, i won't post it. Still enjoy reading the occasional good box or bag that others find here.Maybe in winter things will pick up again here.Good luck with your move.
 
I'm still around but cut my searching down a lot. Starting to get behind at work and the pickings are getting a little slim. Boxes are starting to fade here and may have to get a supplier our of my district in the Fall. :headbang:

Maine_Jim
 
I second MOJO's post...I'm still around. As far as lack of posts, I'd rather not get the hopes up of newbies...the less the merrier!

I've still been hitting it 'somewhat' hard but will be cooling off here in a month or two when we welcome our first baby into our lives. She's gotta grow big and strong so she can help sort coins.

~Phrostie
 
I've been hitting it hard but I'm on a 4 box skunk streak, and before that I was just getting a 40%er here or there. Really nothing much to post yet. I'm still hoping for some nice boxes. Believe it or not my luck has changed... :'( :( :'( :( :'(
 
I think a lot of people start out like an addict and then either run out of money or get burned out. Then later they get the fever again.
 
You should have seen this site over a year ago. People were finding tons and posting pics everyday. Like LJ, etc.

There are more CRHers now, but the finds are far less. People are still finding great boxes here and there, but when I started doing this in March 08, it seemed like every box had some keepers. I remember when I found my first skunk box and I could not believe it.

Within 6 months of me starting CRHing I noticed new CRHers in my area each month. Now it is crazy here. Every bank I contacted had other people asking about halves. When I first started doing this most of the banks had only one or so other CRHers occasionally.

If any CRHers out there can find an area with only a few or no other CRHers, they can still do well until the stocks are depleted.

Jim
 
FingerGrime said:
I only CRH because of the sex appeal ;D

Ladies love the "dirty fingers" :D
 
I really have stopped my weekly (saturday) CRH trips, just too much competition in SoCA. But I do have a few banks that I go to every 6 weeks or so. One group of banks (6 within a one block area) are all of the same asian persuasion. They are always friendly and I always get silver. Last time it was a MORGAN! + a small handfull of JFKs. The other bank saves me their half dollar & dollar bags.

I have taken up hitting the yard sales & estate sales on saturday and do real good on gold & silver. Two weeks ago I bought an 18K 3.3gr antique pin for less than 50¢ It was not marked and I just had a feeling about it. :icon_thumright: T-net has a forum just on garage sales.
 
nyiangelo said:
I'm still here everyday. Just nothing worth posting.

Same here. Silver has slowed down. The big scores are getting harder to come by. Plus with this warm weather, it is time to get out and work off the extra pounds put on by a long winter of roll searchin'.

HH
cmhoose
 
Still doing $6k/week in boxes. Some good weeks, some not(last week I got 11, two weeks ago over 100).
No road trips lately as the weather has been nicer so I've been working on the cars and other projects more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom