Just one large Cent

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1822 LC the back is toasted,and some junk .
Gary
Picture 7.jpgPicture 8.jpgPicture 9.jpg

Upvote 15
Good save. Waiting on my first.

Congrats on the large cent. A readable date is always a plus. :thumbsup:

When you can still read the date its all good, nice one.

It always kind of baffles me why one side is always toasted on the coppers, it's been probably hashed out a hundred times before on the forum.

Large cent w a date, great find to me!

Nice one man large cents are great to dig:headbang:

They throw out a killer signal.

~Blaze~

Great coin buddy. That's a great day in my book

Nice coin Gary

I've dug one and after soaking in olive oil for weeks now am just beginning to be able to see some detail on her so nice save on your largie.

Hi Gary! I only have 1 and the date is not a good as yours for sure. Very nice!! Have a great day.

As long as I could read the date, the back would be ok like that with me, Gary. Sure beats the 1950/1960 era cigarette lighter I found today, lol. Good luck on your next hunt!

When you can still read the date its all good, nice one.

It always kind of baffles me why one side is always toasted on the coppers, it's been probably hashed out a hundred times before on the forum.

I have a theory about that. When a coin is in the ground I believe the majority of them are laying flat. So one side or the other is facing up. I contend that rain washes all the chemicals down onto whatever side of the coin is facing up with the underside protected to a certain extent. Over time the side facing up takes the majority of the punishment from nature.

Hey Gary! I know I would be tickled pink to have found your LC. Not minty fresh, but still enough detail to clearly identify it which often is not the case. Congrats.

Any day you get a LC is a great day.

Wow, killer find Gary. The LC's have been few and far between for me. Have been digging for over 20 years and only managed a few. Longer than I want to admit since my last..... years. Congrats my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back