What's new

Just Shards Mostly Today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had allot more than what is posted earlier in the day. On our way back down the creek I hit an underwater log and for the first time ever I flipped my yak. When that happened I had some nice pet wood and some bigger shards that had some nice markings on them. Lost now but might turn up later. Never know. My partner found a nice big fat point archaic period. It was the only whole one found today. HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3984.webp
    100_3984.webp
    204.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_3987.webp
    100_3987.webp
    162.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_3989.webp
    100_3989.webp
    125.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_3991.webp
    100_3991.webp
    236.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_3992.webp
    100_3992.webp
    150.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_3994.webp
    100_3994.webp
    160.8 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
One day I'll find pottery. Probably see it everytime, just don't know it. None of the artifact shows had it, so I couldn't get a hands on.

Maybe one day you will have some in your hands. PM sent
 
Last edited:
It was so dirty I couldnt see the color on it let alone the type. I just found it strange both we have found didnt have the tip finished. Both show cortex at the tip of them. His was made from quartzite. I had to take his word cause I couldnt tell. I nicknamed him speedy cause he can really move in his yak. He doesnt miss much on a hunt.

Looks like rayholite.
Doesn't really matter if its dirty.. the shape of the base is what I'm referring to when I say Savannah River.
 
Last edited:
Most of the green pieces I've seen you pull from that Creek are.

ForumRunner_20130905_233342.webp
 
One of the pieces I lost was a nice big thin piece that looked worked but I will never know now.
 
what?you took someone with you and they found the point,you gotta tackle them rock.listen too me rock,tackle em buddy.

If he was younger maybe, lol. He is almost 70 yrs old. He has the energy of a 40 yr old guy though. Very good hearted and hunts more than I do.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom