What's new

Just when I was about to give up

Lucky Jack

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2007
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I went to my local box bank to get my weekly fix and they told me the box didn't come in today but they did have $200 in rolls that a customer had brought in recently. Being desperate to look through some halves even someone's dumps I said I'd take all they had. The teller dissapeared and then came back with 10 rolls. "Where are the other 10 rolls?" I ask and he says they are holding them for another customer who asks for halves also. This irked me a little but I took my rolls to the parking lot and opened them up. 12-40%, 1-90% (1964) and a 1989 proof that looks brand new. Now I'm dying to get a look at those other 10 rolls so what do I do? I'm going to go by after work and ask again. It's a big bank and maybe I'll get a teller that won't recognize me from before. And I was going to give up on this hobby!!
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I said I was givin' up too. Picked up my $120 in hand rolled, got my usual rounded-off casino halves.
I'll trade ya!
 
Can someone tell me how this coinroll thing works?

I would love to take my coins in to get some older ones at the bank...

How do you do this?

Lars
 
Larsmed said:
Can someone tell me how this coinroll thing works?

I would love to take my coins in to get some older ones at the bank...

How do you do this?

Lars

I've actually had my best luck just walking down the street yelling "New coins for old" "Bring out your old coins and I'll give shiny new ones"
Works every time
 
Lars-

I think you answered your own question.! ;D
 
hey all,
I thought I would share this with all of you. I work in retail out in SoCal and yesterday I sold a lady that works in the bank. She was telling me that a week ago a customer of hers cam in with $3000 in old bills from 1901-1934, and all she wanted was to " trade " them for newer currency... OF EQUAL VALUE....... I wish I was at the bank b4 they got to the counter.

PLL
 
Larsmed said:
I would love to take my coins in to get some older ones at the bank...
....LOL...........yea, so would I.......LOL
 
Larsmed said:
Can someone tell me how this coinroll thing works?

I would love to take my coins in to get some older ones at the bank...

How do you do this?

Lars

Are you joking? They don't have a sarcasm icon for you to add to your post, so I am not sure.

Jim
 
Larsmed said:
Can someone tell me how this coinroll thing works?

I would love to take my coins in to get some older ones at the bank...

How do you do this?

Lars

Here is the link to the thread pinned at the top of this forum.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,54523.0.html

And just read all the posts on this forum. It has covered all of your questions over and over and over and over and over and over again. It is all very good information.

Most of the people on this forum are very helpfull. It is a great bunch of people with lots of "CRH" ( coin Roll Hunting) stories to share. And many of the "newbies" (beginners) do very well right off the get go.

"So You Wanna be a Rock N Roll Star. Well get yourself a guitar, and learn how to play"

If you wanna Be a Coin Roll Hunting Star. Go to a bank, and buy all the Half dollar coins, Big Dollar coins and hand roll dimes you can afford.

Wrote a song about it............

Now go out and get them and learn, learn, learn...... "Good Luck" and "Happy Hunting". Oh and "Leave no stone unturned"....It all applies.

Mojo
 
well I went back to that bank after work. I took $100 in halves that I'd looked at already and offered to trade mine for the ones they kept back from me before. I explained that I had already looked through these and if they wanted to have some for the other guy then they could give these to him. The teller said that sounded fair so we traded. Got 14 more 40%ers. Yeah baby. Best day yet for me. 28 keepers total.
 
Nice convincing argument Lucky Jack! Perserverance pays dividends.
 
Lucky Jack said:
I took $100 in halves that I'd looked at already and offered to trade mine for the ones they kept back from me before.

Good one, teller had not a clue. :wink:

Good thing I was not that other CRHer i would be :'(

I have had tellers ask me if I was the guy that just called. I said yes (lie) are you saving them for me? ;D
 
alls fair in love, war and Coin Roll Hunting, right?
 
cyberdan said:
Lucky Jack said:
I took $100 in halves that I'd looked at already and offered to trade mine for the ones they kept back from me before.

Good one, teller had not a clue. :wink:

Good thing I was not that other CRHer i would be :'(

I have had tellers ask me if I was the guy that just called. I said yes (lie) are you saving them for me? ;D
Poaching at it's best, I love it :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom