keene's new monster drywasher video

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beast of a drywasher! It needs 2 conveyors though, with 4 guys shoveling into it, you'll need 4 shoveling the tailings away. I saw in some of their photos they had it set up for direct shoveling with the belt hauling the over-sized tailings away.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why do you need a conveyor? Why not just shovel directly onto the drywasher?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why do you need a conveyor? Why not just shovel directly onto the drywasher?
I'm thinking it's the height of the washer. Lot's of extra work getting the material that far in the air. The conveyor is a good idea. I might incorporate one into my jig setup, but not as big as that.
Jim

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking it's the height of the washer. Lot's of extra work getting the material that far in the air. The conveyor is a good idea. I might incorporate one into my jig setup, but not as big as that.
Jim

I can't see spending a lot more money on a piece of equipment that you don't need and is sure to break (conveyor). That machine is a two-guy operation in the field, and you'll have to clear away the tailings regularly. Would be great on group outings as well, but to me the conveyor is all show. :skullflag:

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
I agree with Terry, there is no reason for the conveyor, and two men can keep up with flow. Now the internals of the unit seem to be well designed.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large hahaha I've posted our 4 banger on this forum many times,pic not on current computer in use or I'd repost a "REAL" big drywasher backhoe fed and one gravel eating monster. Shovel that unit as conveyor must be shoveled onto...makes little common sense except to remove the tailings-which you get to shovel also-John

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like it, much $$$ but it would be fun, with that belt feed us guys that are getting the shoulders and back done in from years of hardwork, this would be a bonus.
like to see it when they geter done,

for now i stick with my little keene puffer, its tried n true, starts on the first pull, doesnt have loud noise or obnoxious fumes on windless days, hauls in one piece so no set up, just set n go, heck its just a dadgum good little tool.

Gt............

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart mining includes stockpiling. Feed pile at conveyor head, even feed to screen. If the unit was turned around and dumping into a pick up or trailer behind an atv BRILLIANCE!! There is no reason to shovel the dirt two to three times. A "two man" operation gets pretty silly when you have to shovel 90% of the material two to three times. Where as with a plant like that set up right on a claim with productive ground you could have two guys work a hole for a few days move dirt to the stockpile then run it all in one day and reclaim the hole if you were doing it right.

Not the type of rig for two guys on a weekend but, man what two guys could do in a month with a good plan on good ground. Four guys that set up with a truck and atv on a good claim over two weeks YES!!YES!!YES!!!!

It's pretty cool that the Keene guys are sharing their R&D with us. Some people would complain, if they weren't being hanged with a new rope:cat:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smart mining includes stockpiling. Feed pile at conveyor head, even feed to screen. If the unit was turned around and dumping into a pick up or trailer behind an atv BRILLIANCE!! There is no reason to shovel the dirt two to three times. A "two man" operation gets pretty silly when you have to shovel 90% of the material two to three times. Where as with a plant like that set up right on a claim with productive ground you could have two guys work a hole for a few days move dirt to the stockpile then run it all in one day and reclaim the hole if you were doing it right.

Not the type of rig for two guys on a weekend but, man what two guys could do in a month with a good plan on good ground. Four guys that set up with a truck and atv on a good claim over two weeks YES!!YES!!YES!!!!

It's pretty cool that the Keene guys are sharing their R&D with us. Some people would complain, if they weren't being hanged with a new rope:cat:

I'm not going to disagree. However, imagine what two guys on "good ground" could do over a weekend with two Keene DW212's. You can spend all the money you have chasing gold with the latest and greatest, or you can be smart. :skullflag:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to disagree. However, imagine what two guys on "good ground" could do over a weekend with two Keene DW212's. You can spend all the money you have chasing gold with the latest and greatest, or you can be smart. :skullflag:
I agree but I don't think that what this machine and a conveyor are made for. Though shoveling into it or onto the conveyor makes it look like it runs the same volume. I think the idea is to run much more material through it than shown in the video. With the right kind of stripping and set up two smaller keenes would get problematic. Considering how much a 212 is without a power source this new big guy isn't for load up for the weekend and hit the hills sort of work and I can only imagine the price.

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to big for me -- but for a guy that has a good dry claim and easy access it looks like a good investment to me. I have a Keene a51 sluice and a Keene 12v puffer drywasher and love them both. Lately I have gone smaller lighter simpler homemade.
dirtpile.jpg

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pat Keene and his bunch never sit still long thats for sure.

You could probably operate that monster on your claim within your small miners waiver OK but.........add ANY mechanized conveyor dirt moving system and that BLM LEO is going to expect a NOI, POO and so forth.

I'm with you Bodfish and GT, its puffers (Thompson and Keene) for me and flying below the radar.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small miners waiver has nothing to do with your equipment.
Your processing equipment really has nothing to do with the leo (Iknow i know dredging..Isn't SUPOSSED to be leos' call)...its surface disturbance and water they are trying to hang their hats on.. It's more about how you get it out of the ground how much of it and where the tailings go..and even with something that size you don't meet the minimum that should require a p.o.o.....and it's not up to the blm Leo to " expect" it

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Small miners waiver has nothing to do with your equipment.
Your processing equipment really has nothing to do with the leo (Iknow i know dredging..Isn't SUPOSSED to be leos' call)...its surface disturbance and water they are trying to hang their hats on.. It's more about how you get it out of the ground how much of it and where the tailings go..and even with something that size you don't meet the minimum that should require a p.o.o.....and it's not up to the blm Leo to " expect" it

LEO's and govt. regulators got their own way of seeing things and jumping to conclusions. Common sense and even the Letter of the Law often has nothing to do with it. If your prospecting unclaimed public land or your claim's filed under the small miners waiver you'd better not be looking too "commercial" no matter how small the surface disturbance. Tracked vehicles , conveyor belts and jack hammers are going to get their attention, been there and seen how these things play out. These people are always looking for reasons to write tickets and gloat to their co-workers how they busted another miner today. I'm filed under small miners waiver so its hand tools, wheel barrows and small mining equipment (drywasher/rec.highbanker) 'causeI don't like these fools sticking their nose in my business, paying fines or fond of court rooms.

Last edited:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the ONLY criteria for filing a Maintenance Fee Waiver (AKA Small Miners Waiver) is that you must have 10 or fewer claims on September 1st. You can have a commercial size operation on your claim and still file a Maintenance Fee Waiver.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe the ONLY criteria for filing a Maintenance Fee Waiver (AKA Small Miners Waiver) is that you must have 10 or fewer claims on September 1st. You can have a commercial size operation on your claim and still file a Maintenance Fee Waiver.
Yes, you guys are all right about regs. and the "letter of the law" concerning the small miners waiver. The point I was trying to make was; the bigger and more commercial you appear under the small miners waiver, the more likely you will be hassled by regulators and LEO's........that's all

I'm speaking from an experience had 3 years ago; On my claim near Ridgecrest, I was running a Royal drywasher, gas power vac, Honda generator with demo hammer and assorted hand tools. BLM LEO drives up and demands to see my claims papers, I say no problem and gladly get them out of the truck. After briefly looking them over she says that I need a PLO and NOI and besides. small miners waiver is "hand tools only". I respectfully disagreed and then she went on to say that if not in a hurry to get home she'd write me a ticket. So the next day I went to the BLM field office with my grievance and they went on to say that she just transferred into the area from a district not known for mining and that I was in compliance .My point is some of these government people interpret the law anyway they seem fit based on their own personal feelings and that really sucks.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you guys are all right about regs. and the "letter of the law" concerning the small miners waiver. The point I was trying to make was; the bigger and more commercial you you appear under the small miners waiver, the more likely you will be hassled by regulators and LEO's........that's all
nothing your doing can negate the S.M.W or affect what regulations you must work under. Any hassling will be because of what your doing not because you have a small miners waiver and are running "commercial" equipment. There is no wording that even creates a connection it's just a form to allow small operators from having to pay maintenance fees. If your a big company you have more than ten claims they make you pay the maintenance fee for every 20 acre portion of ALL of your claims. If anything its a way to keep outfits from claiming up everything they can. Its not like they make concessions for large companies with dozens of claims because they have zero equipment on them or are only running small exploratory ops. Nothing to do with how you are mining just how much land you are claiming and has no influence on why agencies will "hassle" you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread