What's new

Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

25 February, 2011
Los Angeles, California

Hello everyone. I visited a very small “hole in the wall” bank this evening. I found it using the internet – I had passed that corner many times before and never knew there was a bank there.

I called ahead of time and asked about halves. Yes they had some. I stopped on the way home from work to get them. The Korean lady manager was very beautiful and she was polite to me. No one asked if I had an account there - a teller told me she was happy to be getting rid of these coins. I was happy to be of help!

I found a Walker, 2 Ben Franklins and 15 40% coins. One of the Kennedy halves was a 1970 S. This is the second 1970 I have found; the first was a 1970 D.

I still have my weekly half box to go through – so maybe I’ll have another story to share.

Good week-end to everyone.

Happy Half-Hound
 

Attachments

  • LITE 18 Silver Halves 25 FEB 2011.webp
    LITE 18 Silver Halves 25 FEB 2011.webp
    200.2 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
Re: Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

nice score. good luck on the next box of coins. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

Nice finds. Gotta love the Walkers and Bens
rileyboy
 
Re: Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

WTG on your score. You have to love those out of the way places....Matt
 
Re: Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

:o Way to go Half-Hound!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: Ken & Ben Take A Walk In 1970

I have been leaning more towards banks like that with little luck so far. thanks for the tale of encouragement. Great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom