What's new

Knife or older artifact

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
md
What do you all think about this quartzie? Could just be a knife but it does have a large basal flake taken out for thinning on one side. Had it for a while and always wondered about it. Very thin and well made for material. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524359633.669153.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524359647.849835.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524359659.285921.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524359670.969564.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524359684.004005.webp
 
Upvote 0
If I had to guess, I'd call it a Stanfield. Beautiful point, especially for quartz.
 
Largest quartz piece I have ever seen your our area. 🤤
 
That is a nice piece especially for quartz I have a few larger quartz pieces that have that same look where it looks thinner and almost fluted the points I find with it have all been early archaic
 
Very nice! That knapper had skill!
 
That is a nice piece especially for quartz I have a few larger quartz pieces that have that same look where it looks thinner and almost fluted the points I find with it have all been early archaic

Site this came off was mostly archaic. I agree. Just need that Maryland paleo still.
 
Site this came off was mostly archaic. I agree. Just need that Maryland paleo still.

They seem to be few and far between I think the only Paleo artifact I have was drill I found this year. Clovis point is definitely top item on my bucket list
 
Dont find many big quartz pieces like that whole. Cobbs blade is what I would call it and a nice one to.
 
Dont find many big quartz pieces like that whole. Cobbs blade is what I would call it and a nice one to.

No cobbs up here but looks like it.
 
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I would expect more of an alternate bevel on a Cobbs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom