What's new

Knights Templar Theory

If they did come to that Guysborough Harbour, that is atleast in the general area considering most on here don't think they ever got on a boat much less traveled across the ocean to Nova Scotia..
I have no idea. I just know the general story line.
 
If any of you don't like it you don't have to post in it.

So only the people who believe this tale can post here? I didn't realize you were promoted to moderator. Sorry, not gonna happen. This is a discussion board, so all opinions are allowed, as long as they are civilized.
 
Title of the thread has the word "Theory" in it. Never said it was a fact. If any of you don't like it you don't have to post in it. Pretty simple really. Can't remember the actual location of the carved Templar symbol to OI but it is there. Fact. Who carved it, when and why, who knows..

Right. Zero fact.
Now your proposed evidence of Templars and holy arc from Solomon's temple carved (insert speculation here) rock/stone/plinth/column is fading fast.

You want to reference the 9 foot stone from John Smith's fireplace?
1757013832001.webp
 
Myths and legends remain as such, until evidence is gathered and deemed conclusive. Look to the Holy Land. There are still new discoveries being found that support Bible details; names of kings, lost cities, etc.
The Templars will remain shrouded in myth until new discoveries debunk or support current ideas. 👍🏼
 
Never said any one could not post. Couple people made the comment as to why start another thread about this, and or rehash this topic. Just as you said anyone can post, just as anyone can start a thread about whatever they like and I did. All I was saying earlier is if you don't like the thread don't post simple enough don't you think. Why bother posting just to complain about the thread's topic.
How is the Templar logo carving fading fast. It's there and has been for a long time apparently.. Sure don't mean much by itself just being there without knowing who or why they carved it. Do you go around carving other peoples logo in stones? I think not just as most others don't either...
 
Myths and legends remain as such, until evidence is gathered and deemed conclusive. Look to the Holy Land. There are still new discoveries being found that support Bible details; names of kings, lost cities, etc.
The Templars will remain shrouded in myth until new discoveries debunk or support current ideas. 👍🏼
I'm debunking now
 
Never said any one could not post. Couple people made the comment as to why start another thread about this, and or rehash this topic. Just as you said anyone can post, just as anyone can start a thread about whatever they like and I did. All I was saying earlier is if you don't like the thread don't post simple enough don't you think. Why bother posting just to complain about the thread's topic.
How is the Templar logo carving fading fast. It's there and has been for a long time apparently.. Sure don't mean much by itself just being there without knowing who or why they carved it. Do you go around carving other peoples logo in stones? I think not just as most others don't either...

That is is or ever was was Templar related is what has faded.
You are the one who couldn't recall the exact location of the stone. How (convenient.)
I asked if you meant the fireplace stone.
A. I didn't declare it your not recalled stone carved by whomever you don't prove.

Lighten up.
Add some actual fact and you won't have to defend wild attempts at theories so bad.
In order to be theory a subject needs to be subject to principles.
Principles are not acceptance of folklores as truth.

[noun
  1. a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained:
    "Darwin's theory of evolution"]
 
you have missed the whole point of this thread. It wasn't about me believing the Templars came to OI or trying to prove to you or anyone else they did, just that even this other TV show is talking about the different theories and OI was one of them. They dove into the different theories as to how or why each one might be true.. Believe or don't believe I don't care.

Here is a little copy and paste of where said carving is located if you must have it.. I know you have heard of it if you have been paying attention all these years so not sure why it mattered that I didn't remember exactly where it was at the time. SO I went it searched it up for you..
"several carvings and symbols that are speculated to be connected to the Knights Templar. These potential artifacts include the Overton Stone with its stylized cross and other symbols, and carvings found near New Ross and Liverpool, Nova Scotia"
 
you have missed the whole point of this thread. It wasn't about me believing the Templars came to OI or trying to prove to you or anyone else they did, just that even this other TV show is talking about the different theories and OI was one of them. They dove into the different theories as to how or why each one might be true.. Believe or don't believe I don't care.

Here is a little copy and paste of where said carving is located if you must have it.. I know you have heard of it if you have been paying attention all these years so not sure why it mattered that I didn't remember exactly where it was at the time. SO I went it searched it up for you..
"several carvings and symbols that are speculated to be connected to the Knights Templar. These potential artifacts include the Overton Stone with its stylized cross and other symbols, and carvings found near New Ross and Liverpool, Nova Scotia"

Well that quickly became a rabbit hole.
Asking the Micmac (sp.)might be where to find any truth in the matter. They are known to have documented foreign visitors . Knights not mentioned /pictured to my knowledge. (Which of Micmac culture is minimal.)


Symbols I 'm finding aren't reflecting leaves or feathers near as much as other items. Not saying none do.
 
Would the Mi'kmaq have known a knight Templar from a Norse trader/explorer? We know the Scandanavians, and Portugese & Basque fishermen, had a presence on the East Coast long before Columbus stumbled into the Dominican Republic.
 
Would the Mi'kmaq have known a knight Templar from a Norse trader/explorer? We know the Scandanavians, and Portugese & Basque fishermen, had a presence on the East Coast long before Columbus stumbled into the Dominican Republic.
Portuguese is one suggestion for the cross on the Overton Stone.

How /if the natives distinguished one group from another They'd better describe than I.
But hey if there's an account of a Arc being buried....
 
If the Templars were on the run / fleeing, I highly doubt they would have announced to everyone, " Hey we're here" if your looking for us!!
 
There's not much info online about the Overton stone. When was it first publicized?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom