What's new

Know any funny names?

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Harold Ballsak was one of my Sociology teachers in college, you know he caught some grief on that one but he was used to it and laughed along.
 
The reason I posted this is because a city here in Ohio(forget which one) is opening a new museum/community center and they have to vote on it being named after the founder of the town and his name was Harry Balls.
 
I don't know how long your thread will last but in the 60's and 70's there was a race car driver whose name was Richard Trickle and everyone referred to him by the traditional nickname for Richard, combined with his last name.
 
Lady Liberty said:
I don't know how long your thread will last but in the 60's and 70's there was a race car driver whose name was Richard Trickle and everyone referred to him by the traditional nickname for Richard, combined with his last name.

Mr Tricklehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DickTrickle1968Torino.jpg
 
When I coached soccer in Ca. we had a kid on the team named Hung Lo, boy did the rest of the kids have fun with that one.
 
in high school we had a kid in my french class named Wayne Dwop. It just goes to show, some parents have no clue.
 
I remember back when I was a kid I knew of a girl in another school whose name was Henrietta Horn. She
used to get a lot of kidding because of her name, you know how kids can be. LOL.

Ray
 
When I used to do auto body and frame repair, I had a customer that was a surgeon at a hospital, I restored his 1970 Karman Ghia, his name on his business card read " Dr. DeButcher " I wonder if he had many patients :laughing7:
 
wayne_sa said:
I knew a Cherokee indian named Huckleberry Nakedhead. For real.

The former chief of the Cherokee tribe, (a woman) was named Wilma Mankiller.

Fossis...........
 
fossis said:
wayne_sa said:
I knew a Cherokee indian named Huckleberry Nakedhead. For real.

The former chief of the Cherokee tribe, (a woman) was named Wilma Mankiller.

Fossis...........

Hey Fossis! I love your pics; they make me homesick. Do you ever get up to Tahlequah?
Wayne
 
Attorney in California ~ Sue (Hyun) Yoo

Former President of the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police ~ Richard (Dick) Lis
 
Knew a guy named Possum, and not Opossum (said it on his drivers license) I once was making a sales call and the gals name was Ima Good ( I just smiled and wanted to tell her,, I was also but Knew better)..

My friend Richard Byrd married a gal named Sissy Twitty,,,, so her name became Sissy Twitty Byrd.
All true.
 
I Played golf in High school against two brothers from a different school. Their names were Dick and Buster Tiddy.

And... Don't forget the famous football player with the worst name ever. Dick Butkus
 
I had an aunt named Jemima. She went by a nick name, but I actually had an aunt Jemima. I also had a great aunt, Martha White.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom