Lady gives me collection (Yep im back)

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, im back! Because of school i haven't had time to crh, but now i got my first job, so im out of luck. But in a ironic turn of events, i was talking to a lady at the store i work at, and after finding out I liked silver, she gave me some coins from her collection, for being a "polite young man". Store policy doesnt allow any out of store transitions to happen during hours, so i call my mom, and she picked them up :P.

Here's wat i got:

1960 Canada Silver half
1913 Indian Silver Rupee
1939 Silver Reichmark (Nazi logo on back)
1944 Walker
1956 Franklin
1913 Morgan?!
1964 half (2 of them)

I couldnt post pics, so here is the link to them

https://picasaweb.google.com/110608865940270746746/Coins?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow - if she is really poor, I would just cash her out.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what's her address? if you don't mind

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THERE IS NO 1913 MORGON DOLLAR----BUT THE REST ARE COOL !!:icon_thumright:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She might have 1000 silver dollars. or 1000 40% jfk coins. or 1000 clad dimes. Who the hell knows what 1000 OZs of silver means to the lay-person.

someone giving away $80 worth of PMs may have a screw loose.

I would not trust her...But...I would be very grateful for the gift.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She probably is a millionaire, under $5 million and probably doesn't have any family left and is lonely. She probably doesn't have much need for it anymore and is giving it away to people who are kind to her. Leave well enough alone, offer to buy at what you are comfortable with paying. If she comes in your store, treat her like gold... HH

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, im back! Because of school i haven't had time to crh, but now i got my first job, so im out of luck. But in a ironic turn of events, i was talking to a lady at the store i work at, and after finding out I liked silver, she gave me some coins from her collection, for being a "polite young man". Store policy doesnt allow any out of store transitions to happen during hours, so i call my mom, and she picked them up :P.

Here's wat i got:

1960 Canada Silver half
1913 Indian Silver Rupee
1944 Walker
1956 Franklin
1913 Morgan?!
1964 half (2 of them)

I couldnt post pics, so here is the link to them

https://picasaweb.google.com/110608865940270746746/Coins?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Pretty horrible workplace you have, if they won't let you do something as non-complex as receiving Ag (as a gift!) from a customer....... what the heck, not cool. Good find either way, cool stuff, especially the Rupee.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
All of this crap about cougars is irrelevant, what matters is, that he is likely only making $7.25 an hour and they have him deal with 'store policy' like this? I bet they don't let you take coins out of the register either? this place is a complete and utter disgrace, to treat a young employee like this. Next time, transact with her face-to-face, you don't need your mother to come to the store, burn gasoline, if you work has a problem, they are a disgrace.

Also, beer, cougars, what the heck? Sagthegreat is a kid posting obviously, and you should really try and watch your tone around this homie. He is likely to pick up some bad habits, and he does not need to be drawn to beer or 'cougars'.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point 50. I'm glad you were able to score some silver!

OP
OP
sagthegreat

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of this crap about cougars is irrelevant, what matters is, that he is likely only making $7.25 an hour and they have him deal with 'store policy' like this? I bet they don't let you take coins out of the register either? this place is a complete and utter disgrace, to treat a young employee like this. Next time, transact with her face-to-face, you don't need your mother to come to the store, burn gasoline, if you work has a problem, they are a disgrace.

Also, beer, cougars, what the heck? Sagthegreat is a kid posting obviously, and you should really try and watch your tone around this homie. He is likely to pick up some bad habits, and he does not need to be drawn to beer or 'cougars'.

Lol trust me, I have heard people saying worse things
Many banks also do this, and one is not allowed to exchange coin for themselves, i found a quick workaround by texting someone I know, and then they come to me and "ask for change" and pick up the coins i want, then they give me ma silver after my shift is over :P

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
A bank is an institution that has specific reasons for cash to be restricted in many ways, customer demand, requests, bank totals, transaction amounts. As far as I know, a cashier job (unless you work at a bank, as a teller), has no need to have these ramifications. Just so long as you are not missing/ have overages- the denominations left over, should not matter. And receiving cash from a customer, is between you and the customer. Not you-store policy-customer. It sounds to me, like you have some rude boss, who gets fun out of bossing you around, and and writing you up for needless reasons. If it was not for the Ag flow from customers, I'd suggest you leave that place.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's wat i got:

1960 Canada Silver half
1913 Indian Silver Rupee
1944 Walker
1956 Franklin
1913 Morgan?!
1964 half (2 of them)

1960 Canada Silver half- just worth melt (0.3 troy oz.)
1913 Indian Silver Rupee- $20 in XF, $13 in VF (0.3437 troy oz.)
1939 Silver Reichmark (Nazi logo on back)- What denomination and mintmark?

OP
OP
sagthegreat

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1960 Canada Silver half- just worth melt (0.3 troy oz.)
1913 Indian Silver Rupee- $20 in XF, $13 in VF (0.3437 troy oz.)
1939 Silver Reichmark (Nazi logo on back)- What denomination and mintmark?

Wow thanks, its 5 reichmark, and A for Auschwitz? its about .5 ounces right?? and thanks :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread