Lake Percy Priest

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I just recently moved to the Nashville area, more specifically the border of Davidson co., and Rutherford co. After educating myself quite a bit on the surrounding area and just general history, I learned that Lake Percy Priest was created in 1964. The lake is a "reservoir", and was originally Stones River, and has been expanding every year its been in service. Knowing how much history the Stones River carries, I'm curious to know if anyone has ever heard of any CW relics washing up on the shores or the tiny islands within the lake.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not legal to hunt there I believe.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roundness here. I also live probably in the same area as you. I detect around the lake some but there are quite a few rules you have to follow. You can't dig with anything more than a hand trowel. You can only detect in areas where there is public access. If you find anything considered to be an artifact it has to be turned over to the lake manager at the Corp of engineers. I just coin and jewelry hunt when I go. I heard of a guy they caught detecting and sifting for artifacts and they confiscated all his gear. They are not to be messed with seems like. I have not personally seen anything cw related in any of the places I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread