What's new

Large Button

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug a large (25 mm) button from the surf,
has the incised pattern visible, but with a loup, much delicate filigree type decoration is visible, figuring a civilian coat button, anyone got an approximate date from this type of pattern? Thanks for Looking & HH to all!
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 9-30.webp
    NC FINDS 9-30.webp
    92.8 KB · Views: 242
  • NC FINDS 9-30 009.webp
    NC FINDS 9-30 009.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 214
  • NC FINDS 9-30 010.webp
    NC FINDS 9-30 010.webp
    44 KB · Views: 232
  • NC FINDS 9-30 011.webp
    NC FINDS 9-30 011.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 225
Either pewter or lead and early, easily Colonial era.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Patch And Mike!
this is just the news I was hoping for!
the incised pattern is similar to the colonial 'Dandy Button' I found a ways back.
I was thinking similar date, but needed confirmation from the experts!
Have been pulling lots of civilian/plain/toasted buttons lately,
SO glad I can now label this one 'COLONIAL" YeeeHaaa!!!
Good day & Great Digs to All! Herbie.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom