What's new

Large preform?

Sidevalve45

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
603
Reaction score
692
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I think this thing is a preform of some sort. Seem's awful big though. Measures 3 1/8" wide x 5 7/8" long and about an inch thick. Maybe a hoe?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0229_1.webp
    IMG_0229_1.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0
What ever it is or was gonna be it was gonna be big. Great find...d2
 
Don't think it's a preform, but definately a tool. I'm learning as I go, but so much stuff just isn't definable. I generalize and just say...it's a tool...no doubt about it. IMHO. :-\
 
IMHO it is a preform.

They would make preforms when at the flint quarries in order to make it more portable. The Preforms would then be put somewhere in a cache for safe keeping or would be finished out into projectiles of various sorts.
 
You know, I have a couple spear heads that are nearly that size. I would say that it IS worked along the edge for sure, but it is hard to tetll from a photo.
 
There's no doubt at all- it's a Hixton preform, maybe hard for some to tell if you're not familiar with the material because it doesn't show the flaking scars very well but let me tell ya- it's pretty stuff in hand.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom