69.1 KB · Views: 3,765
  • Balls1.jpg
    Balls1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,781
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michelle, and not too correctly naturally hehehehehehe Napoleon wasn't noted for indecisiveness or lack of aggressiveness. He knew about enfilading fire.

What I was leading up to indirectly, snicker, was that if Napoleon had this bar shot, they would not have dug in and so XXX the Britlander ranks.

He relied too heavily upon his canon and forgot the weather and to lay in his BARSHOT heheheheheehh

Only "I" am perfect, ask Doc.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. the battle ground is a detectorist's delight since the balls are not malformed from impact, but some of the BAR SHOT could have been shortened upon impact as our present example was - snicker.

Doc I am Irish/Scot, etc for 57 varieties, I am just as, or more, stubborn as you hheheh.

Seriously, I wonder if we will ever know what it is?

BAR SHOT, BAR SHOT, BAR SHOT

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay...you had better not give in....I kinda enjoyed reading the lingo took my mind off of that unusually rare ring..... bar shot?

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[\=diving doc
Maybe, why don't you guys find something else while I find out, O.K.?
Doc
K doc look under BAR SHOT, you have 48 hrs. before Michelle drops the axe on us. heheh

Tropical Tramp

p.s. Doc yer fun and don't get riled up easily, love ya.

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RealdeTayopa said:
[\=diving doc
Maybe, why don't you guys find something else while I find out, O.K.?
Doc
K doc look under BAR SHOT, you have 48 hrs. before Michelle drops the axe on us. heheh

Tropical Tramp

p.s. Doc yer fun and don't get riled up easily, love ya.
what was that guys?Okay.....what did I miss here....bar shot right?

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Michelle

Doc LOVES me, sniff, sigh, wowie, Never in my most extreme dreams and hopes did I aspire ---- sigh snifff

Even though he is completely loco and is being a true Celtic (?) by not admitting that it IS Napoleon's personal BAR SHOT!

Still, with all his faults, (bull headed among many others) I love him , sigh, sniff, - providing he sends me tickets and an indefinite/unlimited expense acct for the Bahamas sigh

Snicker , snicker hehehehehehe

Tropical Tramp

p.s. does this mean that I might have to give up gals?? if so no way!

appol doc, just kidding as you well know, we both are strictly DC , only gals and GOLD. hehehe.

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO peeps: Just thought that you might like to see this picture. Notice the cannon balls lying all over the place, and imagine that at least this many entered the groud and are not visible.

This is the infamous 'VALLEY of DEATH" of the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Can you imagine charging through this hail of cannon balls? When a ball hit a man or, horse it just kept on going hitting others also, maybe 5 -6 in line with it's trajectory, sheesh.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. No bar-shot are visible.

Attachments

• cannon balls.jpg
    cannon balls.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grape Shot possibly.
Deepsix

Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diving doc said:
Duh, they must grow Great Big Grapes where you come from :D

LMAO!! Actually, I meant Bar Shot. What can I say, I was tired, long night, and then early morning walking some groves for points before it got to hot. Thanx Doc....lol.
Deepsix

Upvote 0

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
saw these at a antique shop, owner says he dont know what they are

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 586
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 587
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 588
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Large Balls....what are they?

Mike in SC said:
......LARGE BALLS.......

I was almost scared to open this thread .....!!!

I am going with the bar shot answer for now.

Mike in SC
:D You really had to be there for this one! :D

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

chong2mry said:
saw these at a antique shop, owner says he dont know what they are

Your pix look like line dampers to me. I used to work in the electric utility business and we used things very similar to those as line dampers. They would be attached to a line so that it wouldn't swing in a strong wind and make contact with the parallel line. That's my take, but it would help to identify them if there was some type of size and weight indicated in your post.

Upvote 0

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
there is a metal part, looks like a lead sleeve, if they are removed it resembles the the "bar shot" that the post is about

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

stranger

Jun 14, 2006
The thread lives...lol. I deal with farmers in my line of work and I have had the object in my office since I started this thread. To this date, not one of them have a clue as to what this thing might be...even some of the guys who are into the antique tractors/equipment. With that said, as much as I hate to admit it, I am becoming more convinced it may not be something farming related. Windmill counterweight, power line dampers, rollers, well counterweight and others are ideas that have been bounced around. I'm losing my sanity as a result of these silly spheres...lol.

Thanks much for all input.

Larry

Upvote 0

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
When a "what is it" post gets this long, and seems to take on a life of it's own; would it not be better to just turn it into a poll, so that the original poster would at least have the benefit of the forum consensus?

So that I'm not totally off topic: I'd go with bar shot.

Bluezman

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, please don't delete these posts. It is an interesting study in who is on line and personality types. There are those who are drunk, insane, funny, smart, dumb and normal like me. I think we should run a poll on how many bar shots of tequila it takes for Real de to pass out and stop posting, I am guessing 12. Any fool can see it's the first failed prototype of a screwdriver. All you drunk and/or insane guys get out a screwdriver from your tool kit and notice the dissimilarities. Study it closely and you will see that it never could work, thus a total failure. And it was way too heavy to work over head for any length of time. And like most failed attempts it was discarded, but too heavy for going into the trash bin so now it's a door stop. Yes a door stop. All it takes is a little analytical thinking from a sane person like me. I have to go now because it is time for basket weaving class and tomorrow we are going to make some underground lighter than air balloons. Standing on my head and stacking BBs is my favorite sport here at the sanitarium. You really do get a burst of intelligent insight when all your blood rushes to your head. Try it. Door stop! Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread