65.8 KB · Views: 3,781

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: Large Balls....what are they?

Ok none of those guesses are correct. Because i know exactly what they are. They are dumbells. Bodybuilders/people who want to be fit. Use them. They are 20 lbs total im guessing from what you said. Too bad you didnt find the other one. Dumbells are made out of various shapes and sizes so i am correct on my guess. Have fun working out with your new dumbells. Too bad you dont have the other one! :D ;D I have studied what the different types could be and it is simple.

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Detectingfreak said:
Ok none of those guesses are correct. Because i know exactly what they are. They are dumbells. Bodybuilders/people who want to be fit. Use them. They are 20 lbs total im guessing from what you said. Too bad you didnt find the other one. Dumbells are made out of various shapes and sizes so i am correct on my guess. Have fun working out with your new dumbells. Too bad you dont have the other one! :D ;D I have studied what the different types could be and it is simple.
dumbbells...you could be right

Attachments

• grandads.jpg
    grandads.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,893
  • TrampsDad.jpg
    TrampsDad.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,855
  • xfmqQCjjI6b5PNOTUr7lvJ122PMJ.jpg
    xfmqQCjjI6b5PNOTUr7lvJ122PMJ.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,756
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diving doc said:
Michelle said:
Detectingfreak said:

The balls are too close together to get your hand, much less a finger grip on our iron balls.
Doc
Yes, but the pic also looks like they may slide apart more than its actually showing.....a guess...waiting to hear from postee'....but doc this would be probable....unless a souvenier of some farmer why would bar shot be on a farm...and its much more possible he could have been a weightlifter....guess guess....also looking into "Wrecking balls" the old ones

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diving doc said:
Michelle said:
diving doc said:
Michelle said:
Detectingfreak said:

The balls are too close together to get your hand, much less a finger grip on our iron balls.
Doc
Yes, but the pic also looks like they may slide apart more than its actually showing.....a guess...waiting to hear from postee'....but doc this would be probable....unless a souvenier of some farmer why would bar shot be on a farm...and its much more possible he could have been a weightlifter....guess guess....also looking into "Wrecking balls" the old ones

I believe it was stated that they were welded together. No room for hand or finger(?) See picture in hand at begining of post. Curious concave depression where shaft joins balls.
Regards,
Doc
yes,I do see that which means there is room to spare maybe...lets see what postee' says...I think farm mechanism could be a possibility too some kind of a counterweight

Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NAAAAH! It's the sinker for the squirrel lure! ;D

I Don't think dumbells, even if they slid apart! Think about it. You slide apart your dumbells for a quick workout while tilling the field, the tractor hits a bump, and the damn things slide closed on your hand, simultaneously pinching it in the gap between the bar and weight, and crushing it between the weights.

Mike

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

=Mike ]
I was almost scared to open this thread .....!!!
Mike in SC
Duh, Why?? we wern't talking about Dek and his treasure hunting equipment. Just connected balls for rigging and mast destruction.

Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[Michelle ]

HI MIchelle: How did you get that picture of my father ?? It was only posted in a weight lifting forum once? Incidentally I had to use that, among others, for 3 hrs daily sniff.

Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[=diving doc ]
I thought something like that but the curious thing is no signs of wear.
Naturally, how many times would it ever be fired?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,
it's driving me nuts.
Being a gentleman ------!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Angelo said:
Furthermore.

Here's one that was fired. Notice the short shaft as shown on this post.

I'm sticking to Bar Shot.

http://www.admiraltycorporation.com/Project/Orange/IMAG0013p.htm

Tony
Bar Shot. This looks something like a dumb bell an was fired from a cannon. When fired it spun violently through the air.
I am sold tony.....good work!!!!Sorry about this Squirrel.....He has a 'canon' TOO!!!

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

unless a souvenier of some farmer why would bar shot be on a farm..
[/quote]

maybe because of this?

stranger said:
A relative short distance away on some other property of ours(<1/2 mile), I've found many late 1800's military shell casings (45-70, etc.) and bullets where there was a military rifle range.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the Problem I have with it being Bar Shot is how close together they are Compared to the Example above.

However not knowing alot about it,
does anyone Know that it was produced in different lengths ?

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

heres the pic tony is talking about. aparently this is an example of a fired shot.

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,653
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Angelo said:
The site that I provided above shows that the bar was very close together.

You need to get through the jokes to find it. Afraid that this post is turning into the squirrel site again.

Tony

IF Stranger were to request I clean up his Thread I would.

However In that case, I will Delete whole Posts, Not just edit out he B.S. , So those who insist on adding Puns to their posts would
have them deleted, even if part of their post is Important.

In the Meantime,
These are the Ones I thought you Meant.

Sorry

Attachments

• BarChainShot-03-t.jpg
    BarChainShot-03-t.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,556
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

diving doc said:
hollowpointred said:
just going on info posted on here and on this site doc :)

http://www.admiraltycorporation.com/Project/Orange/IMAG0013p.htm

of course the info could be incorrect, but its the best we have to go on as of now...................it would be nice to see a cleaned up version of this artifact wouldnt it?
It would but it would be easier to image it because so much of the dimensions will be lost in the process of cleaning. Bar shot was pretty far apart, on the average two diameters of the balls so that they would spin in flight. I am sure we can discard bar shot. Bar shot was usually cast one piece which is why I shot down that idea at the begining of the post to save time. Back to the nuts and bolts debate,

Doc

fair enough. we can agree to disagree! :) ;)

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa said:
the Problem I have with it being Bar Shot is how close together they are Compared to the Example above.

However not knowing alot about it,
does anyone Know that it was produced in different lengths ?
different lengths and when propelled it expands

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions