Last 2 hunts

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
willie d said:
Last Monday: .75 All found in the water
This Monday: .37 1 penny found in the water, the rest in the dry sand.
Didn't include any pics, nothing you folks haven't seen before. Take care, I hope you are doing better than me ;D

That isn't Fast Willie is it?

Hang in there bud ;)

I've had days worst than that ;)

Good luck with the hunt ;)

willie d,

Hey maybe someone is just one step ahead of you? Cleaning out your spots before you get there? That TS will sure find the goodies if they are there. Joe

IndianRiverSonrise said:
willie d said:
Last Monday: .75 All found in the water
This Monday: .37 1 penny found in the water, the rest in the dry sand.
Didn't include any pics, nothing you folks haven't seen before. Take care, I hope you are doing better than me ;D

That isn't Fast Willie is it?
Nope, slow and steady. ;D

DAVY JONES said:
Hang in there bud ;)

Thanks, DAVY JONES. I've got a few local festivals that just ended, so they should keep me busy for the next month or 2.

JOE(USA) said:
willie d,

Hey maybe someone is just one step ahead of you? Cleaning out your spots before you get there? That TS will sure find the goodies if they are there. Joe
There's no maybe about it Joe. This beach gets hunted daily by the local MD club and the snowbirds. The competition is pretty fierce. I think we need a storm down here. Nothing major, we definitely need the rain, just something to stir things up a bit.

willie d said:
DAVY JONES said:
Hang in there bud ;)

Thanks, DAVY JONES. I've got a few local festivals that just ended, so they should keep me busy for the next month or 2.

Then the way to go is to figure out what they are missing. Are they running discrim, notching out nickels, not hunting certain areas, hunt at a particular time, etc. Then focus on getting what they miss or beating them to it. Most places are hunted regularly in a particular way, cleaning out some things and areas and missing others. Go for what they miss.

I once hit a swimming area, for example, that had two poles in the water. Someone kept it clean as a whisle in between the poles. They cleaned out everything in that rectangular area. I went just outside that area and got some junk, but also picked up three gold rings just a few feet outside the area that was clean.

I can almost gaurantee that their hunting habits leaves= out some areas or some goodies. You can take advantage of that.

IndianRiverSonrise, I appreciate the advice. I am limited to one day that I can hunt (Monday). I have talked to a bunch of the hunters and they dig everything. Most of them are old timers but you wouldn't know it by watching the energy with which they attack the water. Most of the folks I have spoken to have been hunting this beach for 20-30 years. They've told me stories of a 30 ring day back in the 70's. They've all said that things have gotten pretty sparse. We have a lot of construction down this way and the construction workers are staying in the local motels and rentals instead of beach visitors. The beachgoers that I see walk into the water with their gold necklaces on and I later see them walking out with them. :'(

willie d said:
IndianRiverSonrise, I appreciate the advice. I am limited to one day that I can hunt (Monday). I have talked to a bunch of the hunters and they dig everything. Most of them are old timers but you wouldn't know it by watching the energy with which they attack the water. Most of the folks I have spoken to have been hunting this beach for 20-30 years. They've told me stories of a 30 ring day back in the 70's. They've all said that things have gotten pretty sparse. We have a lot of construction down this way and the construction workers are staying in the local motels and rentals instead of beach visitors. The beachgoers that I see walk into the water with their gold necklaces on and I later see them walking out with them. :'(

It can be tough. Let me offer something on the off chance that it might actually be helpful. (1) Keep your thinking hat on. (2) Don't follow the pack. One more... (3) focus on the old drop not the just dropped. You don't get thirty ring days on recent drops. And best of luck to you.

IndianRiverSonrise said:
willie d said:

It can be tough. Let me offer something on the off chance that it might actually be helpful. (1) Keep your thinking hat on. (2) Don't follow the pack. One more... (3) focus on the old drop not the just dropped. You don't get thirty ring days on recent drops. And best of luck to you.
Thank You IndianRiverSonrise, your suggestions are appreciated. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back